Thursday, October 3, 2024

Yesterday Was Cooking, Grocery Shopping and Cooking - LOL

I'm off to the pool for my final swim of the week. Tomorrow the treadmill gets delivered and installed, and I'll finally be able to get back to a 6-day exercise cycle once again. I've really missed that! It's been more than two years since the treadmill died. 




I made a batch of "Tomato-Orange Soup" yesterday. It 
takes 12 tomatoes, but they're totally in season right 
now. Still, that was a lot of tomatoes to roast and peel 
and my fingers were quite heat sensitive by the end of 
it. It finishes off in the blender, and it's a lovely marriage 
of flavors and spices. If you're interested in the recipe, 
it can be found here: 
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/tomato-orange-soup/




I managed to get both soups done yesterday. I was mistaken about the cooking method for the one soup, both of these used the stovetop. But fortunately, I chose the correct soup to start the cooking process, because the one that took the most time was the one I dove into first. The second soup was a total breeze - maybe 1/2 hour of prep work before letting it simmer for an hour or so. I got the chicken made for our meals last night, and realized I had forgotten to pick up an avocado and cherry tomatoes when I was at the store. Since DH was running late (last minute customer), I dashed over to the store and quickly got the two items purchased. Problem solved! 




The Asian Vegetable-Beef soup was the second soup 
I made yesterday. It's main ingredient is a pound of 
stew meat, which is then mixed in with a lot of lovely 
veggies and simmered for an hour. It's a lovely soup. 
If you would like the recipe, here it is: 
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/asian-vegetable-beef-soup/



Today DH will visit out local Comcast store to nail why we aren't getting our hockey games. We needed to upgrade our tier for that channel, but I did that over the phone a month ago and it still hasn't been turned on. I'm beyond frustrated, and DH is angry. So I supplied him with all of the paperwork I had, including a complete transcript of the conversation I had with the customer service agent over the phone. Hopefully he can get things straightened up today. It's very frustrating! 




Hockey is starting and we need that Comcast change so that 
we can see the games. Not having it installed, although I spent 
more than an hour on the phone with customer service, is 
MORE than frustrating. DH gets to go and see what's what 
this morning. 



Voting for the latest story on LJ Idol will open late tonight, so I'll post a reminder about that tomorrow and I hope that my story about Haver and baby talk will merit your vote. I'm delighted and relieved to be continuing on in LJ Idol. I don't think I've ever made it quite this far before, but honestly can't remember how many weeks I survived the previous time I wrote for the challenge. (I also can't recall if this is my 2nd time or my 3rd time as a contestant in LJ Idol. My memory is like a sieve for some things, and a steel trap for others.) Have an excellent Thursday, I'm off to the pool. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: