Wednesday, October 2, 2024

The Vice Presidential Debate and Finally A Day Off!

We watched the Vice Presidential debate last night - at least I watched 2/3 of it, before retreating to my bed. I don't get a lot of sleep on nights when I'm swimming the next day, so my 9:00 pm bed time is firm. Tim Walz did OK, but JD Vance was actually fabulous. BUMMER. I really wanted Walz to do well, after all, he's a Governor, he does speeches all the time. But he was off-game and Vance was spot-on. I was impressed with Vance, even though I want nothing to do with him or his politics. 




If I go by the winner of this debate, Vance definitely won. 
That's a shame, because Walz is a better person, but Vance 
was very well prepared and very well spoken. The Democrats 
lost the debate, and I sincerely hope they DON'T lose the 
election as a result. 



There were a few good zings from both candidates, however, and really, we're electing a President, not the Veep. Still, I was disappointed in Walz's performance last night. He wasn't sharp and muddled a bit too much. If Trump gets elected, however, maybe someone will succeed in eliminating him, and we'll end up with Vance in the White House. If he's as intelligent as last night seemed to indicate, that wouldn't be a tragedy. 




Finally, I get a "day off" today. I'll have to drop into the 
shop very early to write checks that I didn't have the time 
to do yesterday, but that won't take long. 



Enough about politics. On to other things. For one thing - I finally get a "normal" "day off". Chickie should be back in the shop today, and DH will breathe a sigh of relief tomorrow when he finally gets a day off. I'll have to drop into the shop very early today to write checks - I didn't have the time to do that yesterday. But that's minor, and I'll get that done quickly then head onwards on my errands. I have a bare cupboard, so I HAVE to do some cooking. If I could get two soups done, that would be marvelous. Friday morning will be taken up with getting the new treadmill into the den and the old one taken away, so my Friday kitchen time will be reserved for "Ogre Juice" only. 




One of my favorite soups to make is this one - Asian 
Vegetable-Beef Soup. It goes together easily, and it 
cooks in my crock pot, so that I can make a second, 
different soup on the stovetop while it's cooking. Very 
convenient. 



I survived the write-off! I'm relieved and pleased that the "Haver" post I put in for the current challenge isn't posted in vain as an afterthought after elimination. I've already got my first load of laundry in the washer, and I need to think about what I need at the store - LOTS of things. It's such a relief to not have to go in to the shop (at least not during working hours). I'm going to spend a little time getting my shopping list in order, so I'll sign off here. Have an excellent Wednesday and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: