Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Write Off and Weather and Running Late

Looking at the numbers, I don't think I've survived the write-off. That's a shame - I've really been enjoying writing to a prompt - it's always a fun challenge for me, as a writer, to look at a prompt and come up with an essay, poem, or other written words that will put a little piece of me out there for others to read and comment on. I'll know whether I survived or not fairly soon. I did post my next story for the standard prompt anyway - I may not survive the write-off, but I still love the challenge of writing, and I knew exactly where I wanted to go with the prompt for "haver". 




I doubt I'l survive the write-off, I'm in the bottom 
three right now and don't recall how many of us 
are being sent home on this vote. *sigh* 


I was hoping that Chickie would be back today so that DH could take care of the TV stuff this morning. However, her plane doesn't arrive until late this afternoon, so she won't be back until tomorrow. That means DH can't get the TV stuff done until Thursday. A serious delay. I might take the paperwork over myself on Wednesday and speak with them. It's ridiculous that we can't get things straightened out so that we can watch our hockey. I approved the extra expense more than three weeks ago, and we're still unable to receive the games on our TV. 




We get our hockey through the Bally Sports network. 
Even though we agreed to the extra $ they would add 
to our cable bill, we're still not receiving the enhanced 
channel. Time to go to the Comcast store and find out 
what's what. 



It's the first of October. Last winter, the weather gods decided we deserved a very unexpected break and gave us one of the mildest winters we've ever had in the state. I can guarantee that won't happen two years in a row. I already feel it. All of the animals know - "Winter is Coming" - and I think this year will more than make up for the lack of last year. In some ways that will be good. I won't mind killing some of the bugs and slugs in the garden area. But in other ways ... well, shoveling my driveway at 4:00 am so that I can get to the swimming pool for our 5:00 am opening is NOT one of my favorite tasks, and I suspect I'll be doing a lot of that. It's impossible to get the snow blower out of the garage without backing DH's truck out, and I'm not about to even try. 



 We haven't had quite this much snow in the Cities since 
I've lived here, but it's possible. Usually drifts like this 
are more for outside the Cities area. Still, we can easily get 
my height or more during an average winter. 



And DH will be stuck having to clear the roof again this year. It was a wonderful break, and a very appreciated break - having our unexpectedly warm winter last year. This year it will be hand warmers, wrapped scarves, and snow boots for months on end. *sigh* It's the drawback for living in the Frozen Northlands, but that's OK. It's a fabulous state and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I can handle the snow. I know how to deal with it. I think I'd rather avoid the hurricanes of the Southeast US. 




Take your pick - everywhere you choose to live, you're 
going to be affected by some weather aspect. Even in the 
Southwest, they get extreme heat. Up here, we get the 
snow and the thunderstorms with occasional tornadoes. 
I can handle that. 



I've bot to wrap this up. It's time to leave for the pool. I hope you have a glorious Tuesday and I'll be back tomorrow for the first "Day Off" of the month (and I really NEED it - my cupboards are BARE). Have a wonderful Tuesday. Slava Ukraini. 



No comments: