Monday, September 30, 2024

Rocks, Hockey and A Bit of ARGH - ALSO Please Vote or I'm Out of the Writing Competition

DH and I started our Sunday out at the MN Gem & Mineral Show. They opened the building at 10:00 am, but we arrived a bit earlier to roam through the outside vendors. This year they all had fabulous weather, which was awesome. Other years we've been there in rain, and a few times in an early snow. Yesterday was warm and sunny and perfect for wandering. 




I fell in love with this matched set of Cherry Creek 
Jasper. DH preferred the second set the vendor had, 
but I liked the color spectrum in this set. The 
inner twin works with the bottom of the centerpiece, 
the outer two work with the top of the centerpiece. 
It's well balanced, and in my favorite color spectrum. 



DH and I both adore rocks - we have WAY too many of them, but we love them. I fell in love with the five-stone set of Cherry Creek Jasper (above photo). It was only $20, and they were really nicely matched and complimented each other beautifully. DH thought the other five-stone set was nicer, but I disagreed, so he handed me the money and I now have the set sitting at my desk. I can hardly wait to design a beaded setting for them. It'll be stunning and a lot of fun to make. 




Since I didn't have a "day off" this past week, my laundry was 
mounting up. I did one large load on Sunday - way more 
than I would usually put in my washer. But it had to be done. 
I don't like doing loads that large, and the sheets had to wait 
for a week, but we'll survive that. 



DH has a habit of purchasing raw rock. We keep them in drawer sets in the basement, which has a concrete floor. That's rather essential when dealing with pounds and pounds of rock. He managed to talk me into letting him buy a small baggie of one style, and one smallish larger stone from our favorite vendor for raw materials. So we both ended up with something from the Gem & Mineral Show. We headed back home to watch the football game while I did laundry. 




It's almost time for the professional ice 
hockey season to start, and we aren't able 
to watch the games at home yet, even though 
I supposedly set everything up more than a 
week ago. DH is VERY unhappy, and he'll 
actually take the paperwork along with him 
to the Comcast store and discuss it with them 
in person. Hopefully he'll get somewhere, 
their website is a hot mess. 



The professional ice hockey season is about to kick off, and the TV station on which it is broadcast is now part of a higher tier. I contacted the cable company, purchased that higher tier and had everything shifted over ... but we're still not getting that station. After going through all of my paperwork (including a transcript of EXACTLY what the service rep had told me in a conversation more than two weeks ago), DH will head over to the Comcast office on Tuesday with all of the paperwork to find out why we're still not getting that channel. Our hockey is VERY important to us. DH is NOT happy that we haven't been able to watch the pre-season games, and he has no intention of missing the season completely. 




Given the season and how many Halloween decorations I'm 
already seeing in people's yards, this seemed an appropriate 
illustration for "The Cupboards are Bare". Mine aren't quite 
THAT bare, there's still food to eat, but everything I made 
in advance of Chickie's trip has been eaten. 



So, that's the excitement in my life - LOL. I'm back to a normal week again. Chickie returns to work tomorrow and I'll get my normal Wednesday and Friday off. That's good, because my pre-made food is completely eaten and I need to get more made. Have an excellent Monday and I'll be back tomorrow. OH!!! I'm in a WRITE-OFF to stay alive in LJ Journal. Here's the link ( https://therealljidol.dreamwidth.org/1166159.html ) and I'd REALLY appreciate your votes if you like what I've written for the write-off. Deadline is tomorrow night (Tuesday) and my life on LJ Idol depends on YOUR votes. Thanks in advance. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: