Saturday, October 5, 2024

It's a Weekend of New Equipment - TV's and the Treadmill

We'll do anything for hockey, including rewiring existing TV's and purchasing new ones, if needed. LOL In this case, we did both. DH rewired the upstairs TV and determined the downstairs TV needed to be replaced. After a lot of looking, DH finally decided on a small Westinghouse TV, which will arrive at the shop today (it was only $13.99 for overnight shipping, so why not?). He can fuss with getting that set up in the computer room, and do whatever prep work he needs to do for it during the day today and do the actual install tomorrow. But tomorrow he also wants me to teach him what to do with ... 




Here's my old treadmill, folded up and ready 
to be taken away. It served us well for more 
than 20 years, but finally gave up the ghost. 
It's been more than three years that I've been 
without a treadmill, and my doctor is insistent 
that I needed that type of exercise to help my bones, 
so I caved and bought a new treadmill at 
the State Fair. It was VERY expensive, but 
very worth the expense. 


The treadmill. Yes, it arrived yesterday and it's BEAUTIFUL. It actually takes up almost the exact same area and length that our NordicTrack took, but with a LOT more bells and whistles. It took the two guys, who were VERY experienced in set-up, a bit more than an hour to take away my old treadmill and assemble my new one. There is one back plate that had incorrect screws and they immediately ordered that part to be shipped to me, (no charge of course), assuring me that the install of that part was minimal effort (very true) and that the electrical board it covers was sealed, so dirt wouldn't be an issue either. 




Here's my new treadmill, all set up and ready to go. It 
took the guys a bit more than an hour to get it all put 
together. I'm not sure if DH and I would have EVER been 
successful at doing it - there were definitely some 
tricky parts and these guys were experts. They said they 
had put together a LOT of equipment for the State Fair 
booth, and it showed. They knew what they were doing 
every step of the way. 


Later in the afternoon, after an afternoon of frenetic cooking: (1) Ogre Juice for my nest week's lunches, (2) baked fruit for my breakfasts - 12 containers worth, (3) honey roasted baby carrots - so nummy; I decided a trial run was called for. That required digging into my closet for my old gym bag, retrieving exercise clothes I haven't worn for several years. 


Of course, the clothes had been washed, I wasn't about to put on scuzzy clothing. I always washed them after every week's exercise sessions - usually two times a week. Then I had to hunt for my shoes - that was more difficult. I actually didn't find my shoes until this morning, substituting a second set (not as comfortable) for my initial treadmill try out. 




There are a ton of virtual trails available for the 
treadmill. I've started out just random choices, but 
I'll soon be downloading specific ones. I'm still just
 getting started - two miles yesterday, 1-1/2 mile 
today. I'm VERY happy. 



The machine itself had been automatically uploading and updating throughout the afternoon. I had connected it to the WiFi almost immediately after the guys left in the morning, and the first thing it wanted to do was update. So, I let it do its' thing, and it uploaded and installed new updates for a couple of hours before it was well fed and happy. I logged myself in as a user, set up my personal profile, and decided to start with "Virtual Trails" - a scenic run through various areas around the nation. I notice it has Spotify, so I'll load in my password for that and get some decent music down the line too. But, I did two miles yesterday, and another 1-1/2 mile today, so I'm very pleased. I like it! My doctor will be delighted, and my bones will probably be very happy as well. 

No comments: