Wednesday, October 9, 2024

It's a Super Busy Day Off Today

It's a short post today because it's a VERY busy one. I start out at the swimming pool, of course, my normal routine for a Wednesday. Then it goes all squirrely - a 9:00 am appointment at the clinic for some bloodwork (no breakfast for me until lunch - LOL), followed by grocery shopping. In the day at some point, going to my tailor with Jim's four new pairs of pants and a set of old ones. I need her to shorten the new pants to the inner leg length of the old set. I simply don't have the time to deal with this, and she and her hubby do a great job. 




Kim's Tailors is run by Mr and Mrs Kim. They're a bit 
unusual. They don't accept credit cards, only cash or 
checks. They're one of the few places I actually hand-write 
a check for. 



There's going to be some grocery shopping, and of course it's also trash collection day and recycling collection day too, so lots of buckets to take to the curb. I'm grateful that it's not raining or snowing, that would be the cap to my morning - LOL. 




I usually put the buckets at the curb as I leave for the 
gym in the morning. It might be dark, but I can see 
enough to get them in the proper spot. I'll check the 
yard waste bucket when I get home. No light in the 
backyard to see at 4:30 am. 



LJ Idol is temporarily suspended while the hurricane hits Florida. I'm not sure if our Guru evacuated, but he most certainly was impacted. I'm grateful for those votes I have received after my last plea, I feel slightly more comfortable now. But comfort doesn't mean anything in Idol when you're near the bottom in vote count. Still, the comments on my latest entry have been very positive and I'm gratified by the responses I've received. 




Our Guru for LJ Idol lives in Florida and is getting 
a direct impact from Hurricane Milton. Everything 
has been put on hold while he evacuated, and whether 
this week's contest will be wrapped up, or simply 
called a draw and we'll move on to the next, is still 
in the air. I just hope he and his family are safe. 



So, I'm off to the pool. I might as well get this day going so that I can collapse tonight and get a good night's sleep. Have an excellent Wednesday and I'll be back tomorrow. Stay safe, be kind, and help others. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: