Tuesday, October 8, 2024

I'm Herding Cats and Begging for LJ Idol Votes

Trying to get things organized at the shop for our VOIP switchover is rather like herding cats. There's no problem on the phone end. I have a signed contract, I have two phones that they sent me at N/C, I have two free months to get everything switched over before we start getting charged for it. So far, no problem. The problem is coming in with our security system. According to the quotation that the security company gave me, it's going to cost us more than $1000 to get the security system changed from a land line to a VOIP line. I look at that and shake my head in disbelief. It's NOT that big of a deal - at least that's what Tech Services at the alarm company has told me. 



A VOIP system is Voice Over Internet 
Protocol system - a digital phone system. 
We've always had land lines here, but 
they're getting phased out and copper lines 
are being phased out. The VOIP phones are 
more environmentally friendly, and are a 
legal phone (as opposed to our land line). 



So I actually put in a call for a tech to come out and even though what I called them about is rather bogus, I'm hoping that the tech responding can answer a few questions about our system and getting things onto VOIP and even whether the system will be able to function on VOIP. I'm perfectly willing to go a SINGLE night without a security alarm at the shop, but no more than that. One night means DH will probably have to sleep in his chair there - it's been done before when we've had attempted break ins, but it's uncomfortable and in this case, I feel it's unnecessary. 




One mountain conquered, a mountain range yet 
to climb. It's a never-ending saga just keeping our 
heads in the game with changing regulations and 
laws. 


Still, one mountain conquered, an entire mountain range still remaining. *sigh* I'm off to the pool today. I need to work off some of this tension. 




Votes for our current stories closes this afternoon, and 
once again I'm in the bottom. If you haven't put in a vote 
for my story, I'd really appreciate it if you'd consider doing so. 
https://therealljidol.dreamwidth.org/1167166.html


Votes close this afternoon for my current LJ Idol tale. If you haven't voted, I'd REALLY appreciate your vote. I'm always near the bottom and today is no exception. I'd love to live to write another chapter in this Idol, but if not, it's been a really fun challenge. We'll see. The link for voting is here ( https://therealljidol.dreamwidth.org/1167166.html ) and as I said, votes close in about 12 hours from when I post the blog. 


I'm off to the pool. I have a new skin suit (they do stretch out, and I had one that developed a tear in the fabric that caused me to toss the entire suit). On average, my skin suits last 6-9 months. When I can get a full year out of them, that's fabulous, but it's also rather rare. Still, I love wearing that type of suit, and for the outdoors, with my skin, it's essential. I'm off and out of here, the chlorine water is calling my name. Have a wonderful Tuesday and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 



No comments: