Friday, August 23, 2024

Tick Tock - Time is Spinning By at Warp Speed

Today I work on the house. Sharon arrives in less than a week, and I still have quite a lot to do before she arrives. I started early this morning - scrubbing the shower (regularly done anyway, but it seemed like a wise thing to do), and cleaning up some of the detritus in the living room that DH likes to leave sitting. Let me all ask of you a question. Does your Significant Other recognize the power of a trash can? DH has a habit of buying containers of cookies, keeping them on the living room table, eating them one or so at a time (makes them last a long time, I guess), and then leaving the empty container on the table, even though the trash in the kitchen is only a few steps away. What is it with this? Why not take that final step and put the finished container into the recycling? But no. He's rather just leave it for "the maid", aka me. GRRRRR 




The only maid we've got is me. And I have 
a few dozen other things on my agenda than 
cleaning house. The help I get from the other 
person who lives here is negligible. I'd get more 
attention if I was a flower in his garden. *sigh*



So after cleaning up the living room table, I started picking up a few other things but then realized, I had to get into gear and actually do what I needed this morning before indulging in a major clean. Still, I only have today and Wednesday to make this house sparkling (or at least to pull it off the FEMA disaster list). (That's the Federal Emergency Management Agency for those who may not remember the acronym.) There are certainly times when I feel that my house should be added to the FEMA register *sigh*. Today I'll be tackling the master bathroom. This is a room I don't use. It's DH's bathroom. Last year it should have been registered as a hazardous waste dump. It's a bit better this year, but still will take 1-2 hours of extensive cleaning to get to the point where I'm willing to share it with him for five days. 




There are times when I think that bathroom should 
be added to FEMA's roster for disaster recovery. *sigh*



He'll complain. He always does. When I move my things into the master bathroom, all of a sudden I'm in his space - his private quarters, so to speak. What a bunch of hooey! We're lucky - there's a bathroom on all three levels of the house (the exception being the basement and sub-basement levels). The lowest level has the shower, a sink and a toilet. The main floor is a sink and toilet only, and the bedroom level has a tub/shower and a double-sink vanity. I learned VERY early that sharing any horizontal space like a vanity with DH was impossible. He's messy. He knows how to clean, and is better at keeping his computer desk looking relatively neat and tidy, but apparently bathrooms are supposed to self-clean. Well, meet ME - aka as "self clean". LOL It's on today's agenda, although it's not HIGHEST PRIORITY until Wednesday's clean. 




My house isn't an earthquake, nor is it in the path of 
a volcanic eruption. But there are times when it looks 
like a tornado went through it. DH isn't a "neat and 
tidy" kind of guy. He'll take it into his head to do a 
clean now and again, and he'll do a great job. But 
it never lasts for long. 



But with Sharon arriving on Thursday, I do need to make sure that everything is ready to go. It'll be a busy one today - and I have an item to write for Idol. Our theme for this week is hikikomori - it's a thing. Look it up. It's rather fascinating, but writing a story that can encompass it? In the small amount of time I have this week? I'm not sure about that. I may have to take a "Bye" (you're only allowed a single Bye in a season, and I'm not sure I want to take it this early). But I was also one of the bottom dwellers last week, and came very close to having to participate in a "write-off" to survive another week. I'll make a decision soon. I'm simply out of time to cogitate or write right now. It's my busiest time of the year - busier than the Holiday Season because at least during Christmas, I still have my evenings. When Sharon comes to town, I'm focused on her and making sure she's having a great time. I don't have the time to write for Idol. ... Bye it may have to be. 




I lost at least one good friend from LJ Idol with this 
last vote. We still have a LOT of people, but the 
numbers are decreasing quickly. I was one of 6-7 
people who were on the cusp this past week, and 
just barely made it through. Ouch! 



Have an excellent day - I've allowed my brain to speak too much already, so I'm cutting this off. Enjoy your Friday and I'll be back tomorrow morning to wrap up the week. Slava Ukraini




No comments: