Thursday, August 22, 2024

Life Goes On - But I'm Tight on Time/I Live to Write Another Day!

I live to write another week, so thanks all. I was a solid 10 votes behind the leader, which isn't good. It puts me into the bottom half, but still, I survived. Today, however, I actually slept until my alarm went off, so I have a firm 15 minutes to get this up, find appropriate illustrations, and post it before I have to leave for my final swim of the week. ACK! 



There's just something magical about swimming in the 
twilight. That's what we do these days, since the sun 
doesn't really rise until after I'm out of the pool. Autumn 
is knocking at the door. 



I didn't get as much done in the household cleaning department yesterday as I had wanted. I did,  however, get a lovely soup put together and into the crock put, where it cooked until after dinner. It's in three containers in the refrigerator now, dinners for the next few days. Yummy! 



We need a new treadmill - ours, from the year 2000, is 
now officially broken. It served us well, but we need 
a replacement. *sigh*



I had sent a message to my doctor wanting to know if the water resistance from my swimming would be considered a resistance exercise. Unfortunately, no. *sigh* I need to have walking (boring) or something else that's a weight-bearing activity. We've got a phone conference scheduled (I think? - I'll have to double-check that later today) with an Endocrinologist, and I'll know more after that. But, it's looking like a replacement treadmill is essential, because I really don't want to have to be at the gym five days a week, and their Saturday hours won't work for my schedule at all. 



This is my YMCA, looking at the building from the 
South. The outdoor pool would be off photo to the left, 
the main entrance is at the back right under the 
awning. There's a lot of gym equipment, a walking 
track, two different ball courts (no handball at this 
location, though). It's well attended throughout 
the day, and five minutes - 10 on a really bad 
weather day - from my house. I love it! 



So ... life goes on - LOL. I'll see what the next writing challenge is later today and get my brain into thinking about something other than my health, my unclean house, and Sharon's Visit (that final item, of course, being a positive thought - LOL). I'm super late on time today, so I'm cutting this short right here. Thanks to ALL of you if you voted for my story this past week. Every vote mattered! I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 



No comments: