Tuesday, August 20, 2024

The State Fair Opens Later This Week - This and That

Today's post is a bit rushed. I overdid my morning meditation, and I leave for the swimming pool in 30 minutes. Time to get my thoughts in order - yeah, like THAT's ever going to happen - LOL. The State Fair opens on the 22nd, and Chickie will be there, as always, on opening day. DH will have to work that day, as will I, but I think I'll still have my Friday off to houseclean, and I will be doing some serious cleaning tomorrow. I'll have to share the Master Bathroom with DH while Sharon's visiting, and he NEVER cleans it adequately. *sigh* Maybe it's a "guy's thing"? Or maybe he's just oblivious. I'm coming down on the side of either/or. 




I have no idea why it's impossible for DH to clean 
adequately. He's pretty good at clearing an area, but 
when it comes down to cleaning, he's woefully 
inadequate. 



Thanks to all of you who voted for my story this week. I'm not the winner, but I'm also NOT going home. I live to write another day, and that's always my goal. It'll get harder and harder as we lose people, but we're still quite the crowd writing this time around. 




I live to write another week in LJ Idol (at least 
I'm pretty sure I do - I haven't checked the 
totals yet this morning). Thanks to ALL of you 
who voted for my story. I appreciate each and 
every vote I received. 



I'm rather amazed at how many on-line friends I've made through LJ Idol over the few years I've been participating. I'm amazed, and I'm quite gratified. Thanks to all of you for reading, voting, and supporting me in my writing efforts. I'm having a great time, as always. 




I'm not happy with my bone scan results, although 
I don't think they were really a surprise either. 
Still, it's one more complication in my life, and 
puts getting a new treadmill or elliptical much 
higher on the "Must Do" list. 



My doctor sent me a message yesterday that she was unhappy with the bone density scan results (that makes two of us!), and would like to set up an appointment to discuss options and also see an Endocrinologist who might have other suggestions. I'll have to contact the clinic and set up those appointments, but life really doesn't start until after Labor Day right now, so I might contact them, but any appointments will have to wait until after the State Fair. 




The Ferris wheel is actually called the "Great Big Wheel" 
and it's the largest temporary Ferris wheel in the nation, 
travelling from event to event. They can set it up and tear 
it down within a day, and they're off again to the next 
venue. I love sharing the cars with little kids - they're 
so amazed to look over the whole Fairgrounds - which 
is actually QUITE large. 



And the huge Ferris wheel is now up! I thought I saw one of the huge trucks they use to bring in some of the parts as I was driving to work yesterday, and when I returned home, it was already erected and standing proudly. I can hardly wait to ride it again. It's not London's Eye, but it's the largest thing around in our area = LOL. On that note, I have to get to the pool and swim some of the frustration out of me. Have an excellent Tuesday and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 



No comments: