Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Running Late, But Thanks For Voting - I Live to Write Again

OK, This is a rush post because I actually slept until my 3:00 am alarm. That's rare these days, but I'll take it as a "win". I'm heading off to the swimming pool in 15 minutes, so that's why I'm a bit rushed. 




I survive to write another week, although I was toward 
the bottom of the pack. I'll have to improve next week, 
but I wasn't enamored with the topic this time. Thanks SO 
much for voting for my tale. 



I survived to write another week in LJ Idol, and I thank those who voted for me. I really rely on those votes. It's nice when I get votes from within the group (in fact, it's essential), but I need those outside votes to get me into survival state. I have no idea what the next topic will be. We have a write-off between the four lowest first to find out who will be kicked off the island. It's really amazing how long some of these contestants have been writing within LJ Idol. I'm really glad that Bleodswean convinced me to join the group several years ago. It's always a good challenge for me to have to write for a topic. I loved it in school, and I still love it now (even though I sometimes tear my nonexistent hair out over what the topic can possibly mean and how I can write to it). 




It's starting to feel rather crisp when we go out to the pool 
and return from the water into the building. I'll be happy 
when we finish the summer and get back to our smaller 
pool, although I really LOVE the Olympic length of our 
outdoor pool. 



Me, I'm off to the pool. I think I really need my swim today, even though the chlorine is the LAST thing that my hands need right now. My hands may not appreciate the chemicals, but my body needs the exercise. But, I'm certainly no Katy Ledecky, and never will be - LOL. 




I'm certainly no Katy Ledecky in the pool, but then again, 
few people are - LOL. 



So, I'm cutting this very short. I have to get out to the pool and get my exercise in. Thank you SO much for all of you who voted. Say, Aearwen, you manage to jot between Live Journal and Dreamwidth without too much reading problem, and my friend SeaIvy is having problems with her text being too small when she moves to Dreamwidth to read any of my entries. Do you have any suggestions for her? I have no idea what to suggest, but you're the person who worked in computers for a while there. Just thought I'd ask. 


Bye for now, I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: