Wednesday, August 14, 2024

My "Day Off" Has Arrived Again - Guess I'll Be Plenty Busy

It's Wednesday, my "day off" and I have a pile of things that have to get done today. *sigh* No rest for the wicked or the good. Every fairy - good or bad - has a to-do list a mile long, and if they're lucky, they'll get to save or curse only one or two children today. I'm right in that mix - LOL. 




All fairies, good or bad, have lists miles long of people 
to visit and tasks to accomplish. Life's not easy for 
the fairy race. Let's hope that a few good ones have you 
on their lists for today. 



I have bills to pay, I have three recipes on my computer desk, waiting for me to make up my mind about which one to make, I have to do grocery shopping (which will take care of two days of dinners, but I'll need something to eat on Friday onward), and I have my first load of laundry in the washer already. It's 3:40 am, and I'm already feeling behind schedule - LOL.




One of the recipes I'm considering for Friday's cook 
is a gluten-free cashew chicken, similar to this one. 
That might be the winner, although the other two recipes 
I'm considering also sound quite lovely. 



My hands aren't doing well with the chlorine in the pool this week. No real choice there - I'm NOT giving up swimming just because my skin is starting another revolution. That happens regularly, it's painful, but I will survive. Standard pep talk - LOL. DH is not at his best - he'll be dropping by the clinic on Thursday and try to see his doctor for a quick and dirty unscheduled visit. Although those can sometimes work out (especially with his doctor), for me, that would usually work out to a visit with a Physician's Assistant. Either way, however, it's his life and his choice and that's what he stated he would be doing. Bueno! LOL




I do love the challenge of writing for LJ Idol. My friend 
whose house was spared by the fire is the person who 
convinced me to join the group, and I'm really glad that 
I did. I doubt I'll ever be the winner, there are some amazingly 
talented writers among these people. But it's fun just for the 
challenge of it. 



I'm wrapping this up and heading for the swimming pool. I thank ALL of you who voted for my story this past week. I live to write another week, and that's amazing and very fun. I'm gratified and very grateful for every vote I received. I was in the lower middle of the pack this time, and the winner would much rather have won for a fictional piece than the actual fire her house was almost consumed by. She was so VERY lucky and I'm so grateful her small little area was spared. But those 1000's of people who lost everything! Such a tragedy. But ... I'm off to the pool. I hope you have a good Wednesday and I'll be back tomorrow for my final swim day of this week. Keep healthy, be kind to others and animals, smile at the world, and accept its' gifts. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: