Thursday, August 1, 2024

On a Tight Time Schedule, So Off the Top of My Head ...

Today is a short post because I actually slept until my alarm went off! That's rare - I'm usually waking up on my own at 2:30 or so. But today my phone chirped at me at 3:00 am, and as important as all of you are to me, (and the exercise of writing my blog), I am on a tight schedule. 




I'm on a tight schedule this morning, so not a lot 
of time to think. Just writing right off the top 
of my head. 



My Doctor and her assistant are hoping they can age like me. I find that highly amusing, and a little flattering. I don't have much to do with it - I assume genetics and the ability to live in a nation with excellent health care at an income level that won't require starvation or neglect has a lot to do with my general good health. But it was nice to catch up with my doctor again. We scheduled a bone density scan for next month. It's been a couple of years since my last one, and I'm no longer on any meds to assist in the manufacture of bone. My bones had been the only part of me that had concerned my doc over the past decade or more. But bones are rather important. LOL




There are so many bones in the human body, 
and my bones aren't my friends. They want 
to dissolve, and I'm trying to convince them 
to stand strong and proud. So far I'm winning, 
but the war is never truly over. 



Yesterday's swim turned into an indoor swim. The "visitors" that we get from other locations very quickly jumped back into their cars and headed home or to other swimming locations. It was like watching a bunch of lemmings move from one place to another - quite amusing. So, we swam indoors (because of a "sanitary event" that had happened in the outdoor pool the previous afternoon), and it was just fine. In fact, I had a lane to myself for the entire swim, so SCORE! On a Wednesday - usually one of the busier days in the outdoor pool - that was a luxury. 




DH and I are totally addicted to the Olympics. We love 
sports in general, and these games are so VERY special. 
Some great stories, some wonderful athletes. We love it all. 



And I'm still totally addicted to the Olympics. I just love them. Even the sports that I rarely watch (like table tennis). I have streamed some events on Peacock -surfing, primarily. That's been quite handy. I'm sure I'll stream today also, if I have any available time at the shop. I've got to get going, I need to get to the pool. Have an excellent Thursday and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini! 




No comments: