Wednesday, August 7, 2024

I'm Rushed - So Much To Do and I'm Running Out of Time

How can I possibly be rushed at 3:22 am on a Wednesday morning? Well, it comes with thinking about everything I have to get done today. I actually think I have the Swarovski sale nailed and ready to go, but getting it scheduled so that we're all available to work it is tricky, to say the least. I think this one will need everyone on board, or at a minimum, Chickie and I. I want to run the sale for six days, but I don't think I can run it Monday through Saturday because I'm not sure DH will be able to handle the logistics. I think this one will require all of us, and that might be a real problem. 




My scheduling nightmare isn't quite as bad as this. 
This particular scheduling nightmare is the American 
Hockey League's schedule for an upcoming season. 
ACK! Mine is bad, but achievable. This one ... I'm 
glad it's not me! 



But, I think I've figured out the logistics. I'll run some tests in the early morning tomorrow and see how things actually work. I'm thinking I might schedule a Thursday through Saturday, followed by a Monday through Wednesday. I'll have to give up my Wednesday off, and Chickie will have to give up her Monday off. I'm trying to think if I can refine the procedure and streamline it even farther. I'll put some thought into it today. I can always change things on the laptop f I have some time today. 




Getting a major sale scheduled with all of us available, 
despite our various "days off" (which just can't 
happen) is a nightmare. I might have a resolution, but 
we're all going to have to make sacrifices. 


But, I need to cook some food. My dinner larder is empty. I'm OK on my fruit (until Friday when I'll make a new batch), but I am out of main dish options for dinner. I'm hoping I see something at the store that attracts me, because I'm rather uninspired (because my thoughts are here, there, and everywhere) right now. 




My thoughts are bouncing all over the place, and add to that 
the fact that it's already August so that means Ren Fest 
and State Fair and Sharon's visit. OY I want ALL of these 
things, but I have to push a major sale through too. Maybe 
I'll postpone the sale until after Labor Day. I'll have to 
double-check Chickie's schedule (she's going to New York 
for a family thing). But that might work out better. 



And I have to rewrite my current story for LJ Idol. I'm not happy with what I've written thus far, and it's due tomorrow, so I'd better get into gear. It'll require a total re-do - it's really not what I had wanted, and I'm finding the subject for this session a bit difficult to get my head around. It'll come, but I DO have a deadline to meet. 




If I didn't say it before, I'm saying it now. 
THANK YOU to all of you who were kind 
enough to vote for my previous story. I ended 
up in the upper end of the votes again, and 
I could NOT have done it without you! 



If I didn't say it, I'll say it now. THANK YOU!!! All of you, my friends and readers who have been voting for my stories. You're keeping me in the chase, and that's SO important for me. I love the challenge, and I know I'll have too many other things asking for my time once I'm booted off the island (so to speak). I'd love to win, but that's highly unlikely with the range of talent we have in this group. So I keep writing, hoping that what I write captures the imagination of the readers enough to garner their votes. YOUR votes - which really DO matter. 




It's pretty obvious that "Bucky Beaver" had the 
right idea when he visited in the Spring before our 
outdoor pool was drained, refilled, and open for 
swimming. It's a great place to be. I looked in the area 
for where he might call home, and we have a TON 
of wetlands around the general area, so he actually 
had lots of great places to build a dam and be 
industrious. 



So, I'm plugging in pictures and heading to the pool. I think I need to work some of this frustration out in the water, so it should be a good swim today - LOL. I'm no Olympics swimmer - I'm slow and steady - but I swim regularly, I do at least a mile every day, and I feel SO much better after I've been in the water. So off I go. Have an excellent Wednesday and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: