Thursday, August 8, 2024

Adventures - Cooking, Writing, Life

This week's challenge just has me stymied. I could take a "bye" but I'm not going to do that. I have one thing I worked out, but I'm unhappy with it. I'll spend a bit of time at the shop doing another one, and then post one of the two. No choice, it has to be posted TODAY. Deadline, and all of that. *sigh*




My current story has a firm deadline 
of tonight, and I'm not happy with what 
I have written so far. I'll scrap it and write 
it again when I get to the shop. 



And, of course, I actually slept until my alarm went off at 3:00 am. So, I'm super rushed now, getting this posted and then heading for the gym. Let's see what I can do in ten minutes of time - LOL. I'm sure I'll have something up here, but it might not be earthshaking. 




This topic is a hard one for me. Maybe if I had kids 
it would be easier, but I doubt it. It's making me write 
outside my wheelhouse, which actually is a rather 
good thing to do every now and again. 



Sharon, I know you read this, I'm looking and I don't see your flight times for your Fair visit. I assume you have reservations, so I'd appreciate a heads-up on when I need to be at the airport to pick you up, and which airline you've chosen this year. I'll probably be at the same gate as the past few years - you're probably going to choose that airline again. But please email me directly and let me know. 




Inquiring minds need to know! Sharon, I need your 
flight information (which isn't on my calendar, thus 
the call-out). 



And I didn't get ANY housecleaning done yesterday. I was cooking until DH got home - I made a new soup - Tomato-Orange Soup. It's actually quite tasty, although I'm going to amp up the orange flavor when I reheat my portions. I also made another batch of my baked fruit for my breakfasts. I was down to only two portions remaining, so it was time. So the kitchen got heavily used yesterday, and I had NO computer time at all. That's why I don't have a story to post yet. But, I'll get something. I won't let this go - LOL. 




I think the Tomato-Orange soup will taste quite good, my 
quick tastes while it was cooking were excellent. I did 
forget one ingredient, but it is easy to add by the bowl, 
so no worries. 



And, since I'm running really late, I'm ending this here, plugging in pictures, and heading to the pool for my last swim of the week. It's been cold - running in and especially running out of the pool has been rather icky. But, the pool is outdoors, so that's where I need to be also (as long as we're not in the middle of a thunderstorm with lightning). I managed to cut the heck out of my thumb on the mandolin yesterday, so I'll be sure to bandage that up too, before I hit the water. I don't need an infected thumb to end up my week. So, have a great day and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 



No comments: