Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Thank Goodness It's Tuesday - I Need My Swimming Time

It was a typical Monday, DH was in a grumpy mood and interrupted my own work several times for ridiculous things. However, as the saying goes, "I persevered" and got through the day. Today should be a little less "busy". I'll still have a ton to do, but I'm one step closer. I have the sheets for the Swarovski sale completed, and I'm looking at the calendar to figure out when we can hold it. It requires all of us to be available, especially on the Friday/Saturday days, and we're coming up on Ren Faire and State Fair times. Chickie will be taking some vacation time, and Sharon will be coming out for the Fair and her annual visit of food and fun. I have to envelope what might be one of the largest sales in our history, into an already crowded schedule. *sigh* Still, I'm almost completely ready to go. 




My weekly mental schedule looks something like 
this - always changing, color coordinated, and 
there are a few instances of squeezing something 
into a day unexpectedly. *sigh* Organized disorder, 
that's my schedule. 



I put some thought into my current writing topic, but wasn't happy with anything I managed to get into the computer. I'll take another look at what I wrote today and start some serious editing. My imaginary red pens sometimes leave very little black to build changes upon, but it's a necessary evil. I can wait for banking and check paying until tomorrow, so one less thing on my "To Do" list for today. I'll have plenty to do, however. 




I'm not fond of driving out and back to my eye doctor's 
clinic. It's actually not bad in terms of time spent getting 
there, but it's all freeway, usually during rush hour, and  
people drive like IDIOTS on the roads these days. It's 
like taking my life into my hands just to get my eyes 
checked out. *sigh* 



I keep thinking I've got an eye doctor appointment coming up, but I can't find evidence of it in my electronic schedule or on my calendar. I'll have to try and remember to contact the office and get them to look me up on their master computer. It's possible that I forgot to write it down (unlikely, but it could happen), but I suspect the appointment I thought was for August is actually much later in the year. The problem is I'm seeing a new doctor now that my cataract surgery is done and dusted, and I simply don't recall what his name is. Shame on me! People deserve better than an aging memory! LOL




The Olympics are coming to an end. It's lots of track and 
field this week, which I enjoy, but I'm not locked into 
watching. I'm going to try and to back on Peacock and watch 
a few events that I couldn't catch earlier. Peacock makes 
it so easy to watch what I want. 



I'm struggling with the prompt for the current LJ Idol challenge. I pounded something together yesterday for the current topic, but if 10% of it survives into the final draft, I'll be surprised. I should have a bit more time to deal with it today, but I have to get my head in the game. These are some REALLY talented writers in this group, and I always have to bring my best efforts to the challenge to survive for the next prompt. It's fun being a part of LJ Idol again, though. I like the challenge it presents - the topics are NEVER what I would have chosen, and ALWAYS make me think. That's what I like in a challenge. 




Does Gary use a program like this to decide on the 
writing topic for LJ Idol for the week? It's entirely 
possible, although I suspect he's actually putting in a lot 
more thought into the choices he makes. Still, it 
sometimes feels as though this is what he does - LOL. 



A quick and heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you who voted for my last story. I ended up in the upper bracket, not close to winning, but far from being cast off the island. LOL I know it's all thanks to you and others reading my offerings that's keeping me in the competition. So, I'm off to the pool. The rain and thunder of yesterday has left us behind, so I have a beautiful, clear (somewhat cold) morning for my outdoor swim. It'll be a cold walk out and a colder walk back into the building, but it will be well worth it. Have an excellent Tuesday and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini! 




No comments: