Monday, July 15, 2024

Sleep? Not Me (Not Good, Either) - and a New Dehydrator Ordered

Sunday was a lovely day - not too hot, not too cold, and just a hint of breeze. We actually took some time and sat outside for a while. But DH was tired and feeling a bit under the weather, so he went in. That allowed me to pull out my dehydrator, clip some of my rosemary and thyme, and put the sprigs into the dehydrator to dry properly. (I could hang them, like in a still room of old, but I really don't have the patience for that). After having them in at 95F for more than six hours, however, I admitted defeat and have decided that my dehydrator just isn't quite good enough for what I want. I've ordered a different one on sale at Amazon, and hopefully it will be able to do a better job on my peppers and herbs. 




This dehydrator is larger than my little one, with a much 
better door and more shelving. Amazon had it on 
sale for a good price, and I'm using a dehydrator more than 
I thought I would, so consider the upgrade to be a 
worthwhile thing. 



I'm sleepless, though. DH might have gotten an afternoon nap, but I just can't get to sleep. So I posted the link for this week's voting in LJ Idol and the link to my story, and I hope that I will get some of you to vote for me because I'd dearly love to continue writing to prompts. Our moderator always comes up with some really interesting themes and prompts that always get my thinking out of my box. 


https://www.dreamwidth.org/poll/?id=31569



So, here it is, 12:18 am, and my alarm is set to go off at 4:00 am. I might change it to 5:00 am, just because, but I can't get away with much more than that. I don't swim on Mondays, so that's a bit of a blessing. When I'm in the pool, I have to be out the door at 4:15 am for my 5:00 am pool time. I might be sleepwalking a bit during the work day today, but I won't be drowning - LOL. 




I'm totally going to be sleepwalking later today 
(since it's after midnight already). I'd better try 
again to get some sleep. 



Still, I'm going to be good, and call this quits here, go back to bed and try really hard to get some sleep. It's one of those time when my body is exhausted, but my brain just won't stop twirling around. I really HATE times like that - they're quite inconvenient. Have an excellent Monday and Slava Ukraini (which, I'm quite sure won't happen if Trump is elected *sigh*). 


No comments: