Wednesday, July 24, 2024

My Thoughts Seem to be Everywhere This Morning

It's a swimming day, so it's bound to be an excellent day. Add onto that the fact that it's a "day off" for me, and life is just about perfect. I have a lot of grocery shopping to do, many loads of laundry, and some cooking, but I'll also have time for myself and my own goals - to continue with the cleaning up of my house, because it's getting out of hand *sigh*. I don't have kids, I don't have pets, all I have is DH. I can't see why/how a house can get so dirty with only two people occupying it, but somehow it manages. 




It's a housecleaning day (and shopping/cooking day) for 
me today. I have a workroom that looks like the cat dragged 
something through there (if I had a cat), and the rest of the 
house needs some serious de-cluttering as well. *sigh* I'd 
much rather be cooking, but that's for Friday's agenda. 



Kamala - yeah. I like her. I've heard her several times now - she's working hard to get the exposure she needs to be a viable candidate. She's well spoken, to the point but with finesse. Rather like a mother telling a child why it shouldn't have thrown the vase against the fireplace - LOL. I'm massively comfortable voting for her this Fall, and praying every day that the opposition doesn't come up with some obscure court case of some kind that will negate her candidacy and pull us right back into the Dark Ages before Kamala. 





Amazon ended up dropping by the shop THREE times 
yesterday. Once for the package that I was expecting three 
days ago, once for a different package of mine, and the 
third time was a box for Chickie. For a company that's as 
large as they are, their delivery service isn't very well 
organized. Then again, deliveries are usually timely and 
accurate, so I shouldn't complain. After all, I finally got 
the one that had been "misdelivered". At least I finally 
have a digital scale once more. Huzzah! 


I'll be shopping and cooking today. I made that cauliflower soup a week or so ago, and I'll be finishing that within a day or two. It's remarkably tasty. I wasn't sure about it - cauliflower isn't one of my favorite foods - but the harissa spices and other additional herbs really worked well. I'd actually make this one again, which is a bit of a shock. I'm sure my mother is turning over in her nonexistent grave at that. I turned my back on cauliflower as a young child and never went back to eating it. I guess I've finally matured at age 70 - LOL. 




I need to get a birthday gift for Sharon. I mean, I have options 
with her. I can promise her something magnificent at our 
upcoming time at the State Fair or Ren Fest, I can send her 
something via Amazon (or let her pick her own with a gift 
card), or I can find her something - the perfect something - 
while I'm out and about today. I'll figure it out. 



So today will be a bit of a mish-mash. Swimming is the anchor, grocery shopping and washing Minnion is my pathway, and housework is my goal. So much to do. I also have to find a gift for Sharon - her birthday is next week. I can always default to the standard Amazon gift card - she's got cats. There's always something she can buy that will please her as well as the four-footed kids. But if I can find the perfect gift and send it off, it's better than a gift card. At least that's my opinion, for whatever it's worth. I'm heading out to the pool for a lovely sunrise swim. Have an excellent Wednesday and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 



No comments: