Thursday, July 25, 2024

Complaints - Just General Complaints, So Ignore If You Want To - LOL

Every time DH needs to work at the shop, he'll come home at night complaining about this thing that Chickie and I haven't done, or how we're not getting things done fast enough, or this, or that. DH is a ball of complaints. I wonder if he wasn't able to complain enough as a child/young adult, so he had to carry that desire for complaint into his adulthood. Whatever the cause, it's coming through in spades now. *sigh* I'm under strict orders to be at the shop no later than 7:30 am so that he can meet me there and we can weigh out some one-pound packs of bulk craft wire. Apparently Chickie and I don't work on the days when he's not there. Huh! Who knew? 




Sure - Chickie and I spend our days standing 
around and doing nothing. *sigh* Right. He's 
saying we'll never get out of business this 
way, and he's right. But the main millstone is 
HIS business inventory, and that's stuff he could 
(and should) have sold more than 15 years ago. 



I'll be there, of course, because I'm usually there at that general time. But really? Whatever. I agree that getting the wire sectioned and packed is very much a team effort, but it's also possible to weigh one package, then get the footage, and be able to do it by length instead of weight from that point on. It might take a bit longer, but it's very do-able. Still, according to DH, he's the only person who's working hard to get us out of business, and ... oh ... what about that Swarovski sale? 




This Swarovski sale will concentrate on the three most 
popular bead shapes - bicones, rounds and cubes. They're 
always our best sellers, and there's a TON of inventory 
still remaining that I want to sell down. So even though I 
have a lot of other shapes/sizes, I chose these three to 
sell down over a six-day sale period. Now to finalize 
the prep work and get it onto the schedule. 



Oh, you mean the sale that I've got 85% ready to go? Well, that is something I can probably finalize today. I'm done with the basic inventory (which will NEVER truly be up-to-date since it's still an active product and we're still selling it almost daily). I've worked out a method for our customers to easily tell us what products they want, and for us to easily find what they're looking for. I even have the clear transparency sheets over at the shop waiting for me to put them into the copier for the master lists. So .. yeah. I think I'm almost ready to go with the next major sale. I have to say, however, Delica beads were a hell of a lot easier to put on sale than Swarovski crystals. *sigh* 




There are just some times when nothing expresses 
my feelings better than Yiddish. This is one of 
those times *sigh*. 



So I'll be at the shop no later than 7:30 am (which is normal for me in any case) and I'll help weigh and coil wire for an hour or two. It'll get one more thing off his to-do list and one more product out on the sales floor instead of moldering in the depths of the warehouse. Now, if we can just stop snipping at each other? Nah! Not going to happen. But I can swim first, so that's an excellent thing. Have a great Thursday, I'll be back tomorrow. And please, if you haven't voted for my story in the current batch, I'd very much appreciate your vote if you think the tale merits it. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: