Monday, July 1, 2024

It's July - I'm Hanging On For the Ride

First, happy July! We're in the exact middle of the year (month-wise, not necessarily by day count), and it's time to enjoy being at the top or bottom of your cycle. Just think of the possibilities ahead in the next six months. How amazing your life can be, how much joy and how many experiences you will have before we reach December 31st and January 1st. Dig your heels in - it's an election year and a year of great changes around the world. You can't personally influence world peace, so just work on keeping your own little part of the world as positive and peaceful as you possibly can. Even if it is just one room, or even just one hour a day - it's a positive change when we need it. 




There are actually cultures on earth where a smile is 
interpreted as an aggressive action. But in the majority 
of Earth's cultures, a smile is universally seen as a 
positive image. Try smiling first, before speaking. 
A smile can break the ice better than words. 



Our plans for the fence didn't happen. On Saturday, DH decided he would be wise to use a respirator for the fence. Although he was (and is) sure that I own one (I actually don't think that I do), he finally gave up and went to the local Home Depot, ordering one which he will pick up in a couple of days. That meant that we wasted a perfect weekend on one hand, but enjoyed a perfect weekend on the other. I'll have to let Laura know when we finally have our act together. 




DH decided he would be more comfortable 
spray painting the fence wearing a respirator. 
I don't really blame him, but we don't own 
one, so he had to order one from Home Depot. 
Thus, the delay in painting the fence. *sigh*



It's hard to believe that we're already in July. I need to pull out some things I have set aside and start working on a couple of projects that I usually have for the summer/fall. Of course, I'm also watching Le Tour de France, which will end on a different note this year since it's at the same time as the Summer Olympics in Paris. Le Tour will end up in a different location for the first time ... well, if it was ever ended in a place different than Paris, it was a long, LONG time ago. But it's a month of athletics for those of you who enjoy watching that type of event. With Le Tour and the Summer Olympics, there's bound to be something for just about everyone on TV this month. 




Le Tour de France is once again going on. I'm finding it 
a bit harder than usual to focus on it since the first few 
days were in Italy. But soon they'll be in France and then 
my attention will be split between the bicycle race 
and the Summer Olympics. Oy! Too much for one month! 



Also, Thursday is July 4th, so I won't be posting that day (I'll probably put up a splash screen, but I won't actually do a verbal catch-up post). Who knows? We might end up painting one or the other side of the fence that day - LOL. The minute I try to predict life, it throws me a curve ball, so I'm just getting back on the board and hanging on for the ride. I hope your week begins well, and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: