Saturday, June 29, 2024

Our Weekend Plans are Set - Painting, Spraying and Working Hard

Blogger seems to be having some issues this morning, although it could be my old mainframe computer. I hate writing my blog on my laptop. I like the big screen and the other things (like my old version of Photoshop) that I have on my Win 7 computer. Yes ... I'm on one computer that's TOTALLY out of date - but then, I'm totally out of date too, so we make a good pairing. For anything requiring a more technical and up-to-date approach, I use the laptop. 



I'm well aware that Win 7 is a OLD system, but my main 
computer is an OLD computer. There are a lot of programs 
I run (like my full Adobe Photoshop) that need the Win 7 
platform. My laptop is much newer with a much newer 
operating system, and a less satisfactory Photoshop. 



The morning rain finally ended and I got out to brush down the fence in mid-afternoon. DH had supplied me with a wallpaper paste application brush for the task. It worked OK, but I think I would have been equally successful with a toilet brush. What was required was stiff bristles to whisk the dirt that had splashed up onto the bottom board away. I spent 30-45 minutes going down the fence on Laura's side, pulling some grape vines (horrid things - they take over and destroy everything) while I was at it. The grape vines are from the previous owner - Laura doesn't care if I pull them away. 




Our brush isn't nearly this neat and clean, and 
is quite worn, but it worked really well for 
clearing the dirt and dust away from the lowest 
boards for DH. He'll probably do one more 
run, though. It was still damp when I was 
brushing, and he needs clean and dry. It took 
me about a half-hour of time to do a total brush. 



Tomorrow DH will assemble the spray painter, grab one of the five-gallon buckets of clear coat that we purchased from Home Depot last week, and head out to spray paint. The plan is he will do Laura's side on Saturday and our side on Sunday. It'll be harder to deal with Laura's side because of the electrical cord, but I hope he remembers that Laura said he could use her patio outlet if needed. I know he doesn't want to trespass onto her property any more than necessary, but the power issue might be difficult - there's a fence in the way - LOL. 




I'm hoping things go smoothly for DH today. It's a big 
job, but the weather is actually cooperating with days 
off and available. With luck, by the end of the weekend, 
we'll have the total task complete for the next 4-5 years. 



I hope it goes relatively quickly, and quite smoothly. He's never used a sprayer before, but it will speed things up considerably. There's still some brushwork to be done, but it will be minimal. It would be a blessing if everything works smoothly, so please think lots of good thoughts for this project. I don't want a crabby Hubby when I get home from the shop tonight. I'd rather have one who is surprised at how well the sprayer worked and how relatively easy the paint job actually was. I'm sure he'll be eaten by mosquitoes, though. I don't think there will be any way to avoid that. 




My Asian Vegetable-Beef Soup recipe turned out very 
tasty. I added cooked wild rice to the mix, and I 
chose "Hen and Chickens" mushrooms - SO GOOD. 
I'll definitely be making this one again, and I'm going 
to totally enjoy it for my dinner for a few more days. 



By the time we are able to sit down late Sunday afternoon, I'm sure both of us will be totally exhausted. I'm sure glad I have a lovely light soup in the fridge for my dinners over the next few days. I tried a new recipe called "Asian Vegetable-Beef Soup" that is lovely, and I added a batch of cooked wild rice to the broth yesterday. It's a keeper, for sure. I'll make this one again. I have four other Summer soups that I pulled out of a recipe search earlier in the week. I'll be trying a lot of new stuff over the next few weeks and I'm totally looking forward to it. I hope they're all as good as the Asian Veggie soup has been. Have an excellent weekend, I'll be back with a progress report on Monday. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: