Friday, June 28, 2024

The Debate and the Fence - Our Projects Continue

I got sucked into watching the Presidential Debates last night. ARGH! Trump didn't stay on topic, and Biden had some frozen moments and too many wasted words. The political choices this year simply aren't. We don't have much of a choice with either candidate - both of them probably shouldn't be in office, and neither of them have a realistic replacement. 




Neither of the candidates presented well, Trump tried to 
take control of the debate by ignoring questions, and Biden
 had a "catch phrase" to collect his thoughts, and used it 
far too many times. Neither one deserves to be elected at this 
point, and the polls reflect that with a race that is 
totally in the wind for either candidate. However, if I have 
to look at where we will be in four years ... I know who 
I DON'T want in office. So I'll vote AGAINST a 
candidate, but not FOR a candidate. 



DH, who voted for Trump last election, has stated that he refuses to vote for him this year (yippee!), but also states that he'd feel a lot better about voting for Biden if he had a better Vice President than Kamala. And there's the question - isn't it? These guys are both old, in a high-pressure job. Who's going to take over if they collapse into gibberish or a heart attack? I rather like Kamala, but she's not a super strong person and I'm not sure she would be able to stare Putin down. Of course, we also have no idea who Trump is choosing for his vice president - he hasn't made the "grand announcement" yet. I pity anyone who has to work directly under Trump for four years and can't imagine why anyone would want the position. 




We've got a good thunderstorm going on right now, 
but it will pass between 9 and 10 am. That will leave 
me lots of time to pressure wash the bottom board 
of the fence in preparation for tomorrow and Sunday's 
painting job. 


So, it's raining and lightning and thundering outside - bands of rain coming across. It'll be finished by late morning, when I will grab my garden hoses and pressure sprayer and begin washing down the lowest rail of the fence on Laura's side. I don't think I'll have enough length with our main garden hose - it's quite long, but the far ends are probably beyond reason. So, I'll have to uncouple the upper hose and join it to the lower one to allow me to reach the far Eastern panel. I suspect my mosquito netting over my hat will be essential, and I might wear gardening gloves too. Mosquitoes in Minnesota in June and July can be deadly weapons - LOL. 




The mosquitoes will be out in force after this morning's 
rain. I'll need to be fully covered to wash the fence, and 
it'll be hot, so I'll be a sweaty mess by the time I'm finished. 
A second shower is already looking like a great idea - LOL. 



Before I hop outside to do the fence, I need to make next week's batch of "Ogre Juice" I also need to pay bills, and call Network Solutions about DH's website (which I was supposed to do on Wednesday, but forgot or ran out of time). One way or the other, it'll be a very busy day. At least I don't have to bake fruit for next week's breakfasts. I'm actually well stocked from last week, so I can ignore one chore for a week. Huzzah - LOL. I hope you have a really fantastic day. The rain will clear out of here around 9:00 am, and then my day will get started for real. I plan on being back tomorrow, with a cleaned fence, Ogre Juice in the refrigerator, paid bills and progress on the never-ending website saga. Enjoy your Friday. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: