Friday, July 5, 2024

A Third Day Off and LJ Idol Begins Again

Today is my luxurious third - the three days in a row that I have off for the holiday and my usual Wednesday and Friday. I'm NOT going anywhere near the store today, even if they do need price tags entered and printed for inventory that arrived while I was off. That can all wait until tomorrow. 




Sometimes I refuse to do this, but today, I'm going to 
embrace it and just enjoy that rare third day off in a row. 



I was hoping to swim outdoors today, but it sounds like it's raining and if it is possible thunderstorms (which it was an hour or so ago), the outdoor pool will be closed and the indoor pool will be open. Any pool is fine, but there's something rather liberating about that Olympic length. Still, it's a pool, and I'm dressed for it, getting this written and posted before leaving in a bit more than half an hour. 




I love our outdoor pool. It's one of very few Olympic-sized 
swimming pools in the Twin Cities area, and one of the few 
that are open to the general public (if you're a YMCA member). 



Yesterday was a very relaxing day. DH had purchased two racks of pork tenderloin ribs, so I put them into the crock pot with our separate BBQ sauces. Six hours later, they were perfectly done. Add a salad, and I had a lovely meal with lots of leftovers for today and tomorrow. The ribs were fall-off-the-bone tender - just the way I love them. The fact that it wasn't the greatest cut of meat or quality simply didn't matter at all. Crock pots are really rather fun and amazing. 




Mine is not exactly like this - mine is a Crock 
Pot brand, and all black. It was on clearance, so 
a very good deal, and I've used it a lot. One of 
those purchases that were definitely worth it. 



I'm participating in "The Real LJ Idol" again. The last time Greg offered it was my first time writing for it, and I loved it and gained several new and wonderful friends. I'm looking forward to the challenge again. It's always fun to come up with the perfect response for the prompt, and often it makes me think outside of my own box and a bit outside my comfort zone. That's always good for me. If you're interested in reading my current entry, you can find it on Dreamwidth at https://therealljidol.dreamwidth.org/1140427.html - that's where we all post the links to our tales. The prompt this time was: Someone who will love you in all your damaged glory.  




I always read and respond to comments from my 
readers, and appreciate your feedback. 



So, on that note, I'm out of here. The pool is calling my name, and I have things to cook and a day off to enjoy. Have an excellent Friday and I'll be back on Saturday to wrap up the week. Slava Ukraini. 



No comments: