Friday, June 7, 2024

It's a Day Off But It'll be a Busy One

I'm totally off schedule today - doing my blog at 6:15 am is EXTREMELY late. But I was up quite late watching the four-hour History Channel documentary about D-Day. I was glued to the TV for that one. If you didn't see it, put it onto your MUST SEE list. It was all actual taped words from D-Day soldiers mouthed by actors chosen for their resemblance to those actual people. If the language wasn't English, it was subtitled, because it was always spoken in the original language - French, German, English, etc. It was a phenomenal show - kept both DH and I enthralled and glued to the TV set, but it was a long show, and I ended up going to bed two hours after my usual time. 




Apparently there was an archive of never-listened to audio 
tapes from D-Day survivors that the producers listened to, 
clarified, and then melded together into a four-hour 
outstanding documentary. If you get a chance to see this, 
it's well worth the seeing and absolutely glues you 
to the TV set. 



So, I set my alarm for 5:00 am instead of my normal 3:30 or so, did a quick, but thorough meditation, and here it is, 6:15 am, and I'm getting a short blog up for all of you before diving into what will probably be a very busy day. I know I'll be making Ogre Juice, I only have tomorrow's portion in the fridge and need four more for next week. I'm also going to see about working on cleaning the siding on the house - at least for the front entry. Now that the bird nest is gone, and DH finally attached the upper hose for me, I can get to work on the siding and make the house look lived in and welcoming. 




I bought one of these from Amazon a month or so ago, 
and used it to get rid of the robin's nest and crap 
around my front entry area on Wednesday. It works 
really well - almost as good as my actual pressure 
washer, without the muss, fuss and weight of the 
larger machine. It just attaches directly to your garden 
hose and you control the type of spray and 
when you're spraying very easily. Highly recommended. 



I have a bunch of computer work to do today also, so I'll be working on that inside. I'm also going to try to spend some "me" time outdoors. I'd really like to enjoy some of our summer weather while we have it. So, on that very short and rushed note, I hope you also have a lovely day and that you have the opportunity to spot something beautiful around you - something that will make you happy that you're part of this day on this world in this universe. Be kind, be "good", and Slava Ukraini. I'll be back tomorrow. 



No comments: