Thursday, June 6, 2024

It Was a Successful Day - Final Fence Photos

Yesterday's "Day Off" turned out pretty successful, all things considered. I had an excellent swim under a wonderful sunrise, then, after breakfast, I started my errands. The grocery store was focused on my nightly salad stuff - my salad "cupboards" were bare, so I needed a bit of everything. My local grocery store came through with flying colors - some excellent produce joined my refrigerator later in the day. I got home slightly early, which didn't make DH happy because I had my car in the garage when he was trying to leave for work, but I didn't care. I had a lot to do and needed to get going. 




Four photos of the new fence because that's been our focus 
for the past weeks. Here is the Western corner. The small 
part of fencing on the right is our neighbor Chris' fence, then 
you see the corner and the rest of the fencing is our new one. 



Even though I didn't need to do any kitchen work - I have plenty of food available until tomorrow's blend of a new batch of "Ogre Juice" - I still had three loads of laundry on my agenda, as well as some outdoor items. High on my list of things to do was a quick trip to Joe's Sporting Goods for a mosquito net for my head. I knew the mosquitoes were getting nasty once again, and I wanted to get the bird detritus cleaned up from my front door area. So, after getting the next load of laundry going, I headed out to buy my mosquito headpiece. 




The gate leads to Laura and Fakhri's yard in the South. 
It is the far left of the photo above. 





Then, just to the east of the gate is DH's latest garden 
area - the semi-circle. He made that part last year, the 
first attempt to start working the upper yard instead 
of just the lower one. 


That was successful, so I grabbed my jet sprayer and a hat, put on the mosquito netting, and headed out to clean the robin's nest off my front door light and the surrounding area. If you recall, I had mentioned that the hose in the upper yard hadn't been attached to the spigot. Well, I found out way. The coupling was the totally wrong size and there wasn't an adapter handy. So, I completely undid the hose from the bottom yard and pulled it as close as possible to the upper yard, attached my jet sprayer, and worked the clean in that fashion. It wasn't as quick, and it took a little bit of scrubbing too, as well as some ladder work, but I was successful. My front door area has been reclaimed once again. AND, the mosquito netting over my hat and head worked GREAT! I highly recommend it if you're in an area with a lot of mosquitoes. 




Finally, we're into the lower yard now. This photo was 
taken from the patio table, so this is pretty much what 
we'll see when we're seated having drinks on a hot summer 
day. I'm VERY happy. Our privacy has once more 
been restored and it's SO important. AND we have most 
of the summer still to come. Good timing all around. 



Basically, everything fell into place for yesterday - something that doesn't always happen. I even had time to photograph the fence sections completely for my record, so I'm pleased about that too. It looks lovely. Of course, it will age darker over time and that lovely new cedar wood color won't last for long, but it's so pretty right now. I'm headed off to the pool for my last outdoor swim of the week. I'm hoping today's swim will be as wonderful. It'll be a quiet swim - my headphones need recharging, and I forgot to do that yesterday. *sigh* Quiet swims make things a bit more challenging for me - I get bored and can't easily swim through any minor issues like I can if I'm listening to my current book. Oh well, my own fault. I certainly COULD have charged it yesterday, I just forgot until just now! Have an excellent Thursday and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: