Friday, June 14, 2024

Hiding In the Wings and Other Dimensions

It always seems that something hides in the wings - some task that needs doing, an email that requires an answer, a pot that needs scrubbing or a letter or email that needs a response. Then again, what if we didn't have that? What if we lived in a world where we never interacted with things - items, people, computers, etc. For me, that isolation would be crippling. I'm not a super big "people" person - I enjoy people, but I'm rather like a Labrador puppy - rather cute, somewhat engaging, but not necessarily what you want around you 24/7. DH and I manage our lives, intersecting, then separating, then intersecting once again. It's a crazy dance, and neither of us are spectacular dancers. But, as the saying goes, we persevere. 




In the end, we don't have much of a choice. We have to deal 
with all that life throws at us - the good and the bad. We 
have to persevere. 


Today is a "day off", which means I need to get lots of veggies for my next week's alkagizers, and I have a bunch of smaller tasks that have to be settled - paying household bills, looking for a specific file folder that seems to have escaped into another dimension - the general thing. Speaking of alternative dimensions for lost items ... my Mother was always of the opinion that there is another dimension. It's hungry and it will eat things at random - things that you look for later in vain. You look and look - you KNOW that you had it in X or Y location, but you're unable to find it. Until ... suddenly a week or month later you look once more and there it is! It has been spat out again - returned from its' travels and is once again on our own dimension. 




I'm a bit like a Golden Labrador puppy - very 
cute, but somewhat destructive in an innocent way. 
Eventually I can be housebroken, but the house 
may be broken while getting there - LOL. 



Just think about it. There's an underlying reality to this that's hard to argue with. Mom always said it in fun - she was no scientist, she was a musician. But I think she might have been onto something there. I've certainly seen it in process during my life - many times. I'll look and look, and then look once again at a later time and voila! The missing item is now found again. A miracle! LOL




Who's to say that there isn't a parallel dimension where our 
lost things drop in, and then drop back into ours once again 
at an unexpected time, and in a location where we KNOW 
we checked multiple times before. I've experienced it. Have you? 



So today I'm going to work in the kitchen, and then I'll try and tackle my desktop. It really needs a serious cull, and I don't think I've actually seen the top of my desk for more than a year. *sigh* I thought computers were supposed to help eliminate paper records. It certainly doesn't seem that way in my life! How about yours? LOL Have an excellent Friday and I'll be back tomorrow to wrap up the week. Slava Ukraini. 



No comments: