Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Braces, Fences and the Stanley Cup - Lots of This and That Today

My appointment with Dr DeVoe actually went pretty well. I have my next appointment in mid-August, and my final appointment and removal of all of the hardware in a 2-1/2 appointment on September 18th. I really wanted it before the Fair, but that didn't happen. But ... in into the end game here and it's hard to believe. I wonder how it will feel to not have hardware on my teeth! Maybe I'll lose 1/2 pound - LOL. 




Doc DeVoe is quite a young man, very personable and 
great with the kids. Since most of his customers are kids, 
that's rather essential. His staff is also excellent - very 
professional and well trained. They have a very high 
standard of care. I'm SURE I chose the right orthodontist. 



Today is a swimming day, so a short post. DH gets to tackle the fence, if the weather cooperates. He needs a specific tip for the paint sprayer that we own. I'm pretty sure we have it, but he'll have to look for it. If we don't have it, he'll have to check around for one to buy, and he'll probably start painting it with a roller. I think that's damned stupid. It's a large fence and he won't get much done at all if he's doing it with a paint roller (not to mention that the rough surface of the cedar will tear the roller up quickly and we only have a 2-pack of the correct size). 



Whatever technique he chooses, it's going to be a very 
long job to get that fence painted, and it has to be done 
every four years. We'll see. I don't think we ever painted 
our last fence, although we had the best of intentions. 




But, I'll let him do his thing. I found out a long time ago that he only learns how ridiculous things really are until he does them and they fail. Then he sits back and says "OK, there has to be another way to do this because brute strength and bulling ahead through the chore simply isn't working." I'll have to text Laura and warn her that he might be in their yard taking care of the other side of the fence over the next few weeks - on an unpredictable schedule. 




The Florida Panthers pulled out the win over Edmonton, 
in a hard-fought 2-1 Game 7 of the Stanley Cup. Bravo 
to Florida (even if I was cheering Edmonton). DH was 
delighted, he was cheering Florida, so his team won. 
It was a very well-played series, and a lot of fun to watch. 



Last night was Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. It's been a GREAT series, hard fought. It worked out that the home team won - it wasn't that way throughout the seven games, but it's always fun when a home town wins and the crowd goes wild. Of course, as hockey fans they're going to go crazy no matter what, but it was a good thing. Now everyone can rest for a little bit before going back to the ice to keep their physical conditioning up. It's time for trades and deals and new hires and maybe a few people fired. Churning the waters - that's what the off-season is all about.  Have an excellent day and I'll be back tomorrow. I'm off to the pool. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: