Monday, June 24, 2024

Braces, Alarms and Mulberries - A Busy Weekend and Week Ahead

I have my next-to-last orthodontic appointment early this morning before work. If all goes according to plan, my next appointment will be my last one. If all goes ideally, it will happen before the State Fair and I'll be able to truly enjoy my time with Sharon at the Fair and at Fest. We'll see - it's really all up to Doc DeVoe, but I've got no complaints at all. He's done a stellar job and I'm absolutely thrilled. 




Dr DeVoe really is this young (well, maybe a few years 
older than this photo - but not by much). But he's 
extremely good at what he does, has a huge customer 
base, and does excellent work. I think I absolutely 
chose the right orthodontist for my teeth straightening. 



My alarm company contacted me early Sunday morning about a call-back that wasn't answering properly. I will be contacting them again, and getting them out to double-check the system on Wednesday or Friday (Friday would be the better day). It's usually just something simple like a back-up battery that needs to be upgraded. But we'll see. 




Our alarm company has gone through a couple of different 
owners and name changes over the decades. Currently we're 
covered by Securitas Electronic Security. Whoever it is, as 
long as they monitor well and can keep our systems operational, 
I'm just fine with it. 



DH and I spent most of Sunday working in the yard. He mowed everything - it's a huge job. I cleaned - swept the patio completely and pulled all of the weeds from the steps that lead from the lower yard to the upper one. One of the things DH was doing was clearing overhanging branches from the public walk in front of the house. One of those trees is a mulberry tree, and it was filled with fruit. How fabulous! I hadn't even been aware that we had a mulberry tree, but the ripe fruit is really sweet. I harvested what I could from the branches he had removed, and he showed me where we have three others in the back yard. One of those is also full of fruit, and I think I can manage to get to many of those branches, so that's a task for Wednesday. 




They're not large, and I'm sure the birds absolutely adore 
them, but so do I! These are the ripe mulberries that I 
pulled off the branches DH removed from the public 
pathway. They're now washed and in my refrigerator. 
I'll try to harvest from the one other tree I can reach later 
this week. Yummy! 



So, all in all, it was a lovely weekend. The weather cooperated, DH's moods were good for a change, and there were no arguments about food choices, etc. I'll consider that a win. I hope your weekend was excellent and that your Monday won't be too dreary. Have a good one, and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: