Wednesday, June 12, 2024

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That - Random Thoughts on a Wednesday

Apparently DH was quite disturbed by the change in lighting afforded by half of his western window being blocked by a sheet of plywood, because yesterday he went to the local home improvement store and had them cut a new glass pane to measurements he gave them. He's got new set screws and plastic tabs also, and said that replacing the window pane will be a Sunday job. *sigh* I'm only going to hope that it goes smoothly. I don't want to be picking up more pieces of glass from around my zucchini patch. 




Apparently the lack of appropriate lighting is 
driving DH a bit crazy. He bought some glass and 
mounting screws and brackets yesterday, and 
we'll be replacing the wooden board with a pane 
of glass instead. Huzzah. My Sunday tasks have 
been assigned. LOL



Yesterday was a busy day at the shop, made busier by the fact that I had a nice Etsy order from a previous customer that I had somehow missed. I immediately got to work on the sale and managed to get it processed and invoiced and out in the mail on my way home last night, sending a note of apology for the slight delay to the customer. I know better - I should be checking my online sales every day. But life got in the way. I think it actually turned out a bit better, however, because I was working with Chickie, which meant she could deal with 90% of the customers and I could concentrate on the sale. 




I use Etsy to sell my Swarovski 
crystals. Right now, I think I only 
have the cubes live. I should probably 
get the rounds and bicones up there as 
well. Gee ... more work to do - LOL. 



Today I actually slept until my alarm went off. It's going to make writing and posting my daily blog a bit more rushed, but I'm 100% in favor of that. I've been skimping on my sleep, or had too many things waking me early. For someone whose alarm goes off at 3:00 am, getting up earlier is NOT a good thing. So it was a delight to realize that I'll be rushed for all the right reasons today. I actually got my 5-1/2 hours of sleep. Huzzah! 




I know I'll be cooking chicken for dinner 
tonight - it's Wednesday. But, that will 
take me through Wednesday and Thursday, 
but leave me without dinners starting on 
Friday. I can cook on Friday, but what 
should I cook? Time to go through my 
recipes and make up my mind on meals. 



So it's a "day off" today, and cooking is on the agenda. I have a totally BARE side of the refrigerator, and that won't do. I need to figure out what I want to actually make to eat for the next week. I have absolutely NO idea of what, though. Nothing is really hitting me right now. I can think about it while I swim, though, and enjoy the sunrise in the pool. Yesterday's sunrise, through the rainclouds, was absolutely SPECTACULAR. I doubt I'll be that lucky two days in a row, although every day is a good day when I meet the sun while swimming outdoors. Have a great Wednesday and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: