Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Running Late - Running Thoughts - Fencepost Day (Unless the Rain Interferes)

Hello one and all. I was awakened at 1:15 am by a massive rain - water pouring down from the sky, flashes of lightning, and a minor apocalypse. I guess DH might have awakened enough to check the gutters and downspouts to make sure they weren't clogged by autumn's leaves, but I merely turned back around and went back to sleep. I live in hope and faith, I guess - LOL. But when I awakened when my alarm went off at 3:00 am this morning, DH was awake and playing LOTRO in the computer room. 




I've gotten back into playing LOTRO. We'll see how long 
that lasts, although I'm playing on my laptop this time, so 
I can get a quick 15-30 minutes in at the shop before I 
open in the mornings. And I'm playing new characters - a 
Rune Keeper (love it!) and ... well, I forget what type 
of character my second new elf is. 



Still, I'm running a bit late for a swimming day, so today's post will be short. I'm almost done with the sheets for our Swarovski sale. I think the way I've figured it out will work, and that's key. I'll be attaching sheets to a clear cover sheet that can be marked and re-marked with chalk markers. I'll have to run a test run or two to make sure my vision will be functional, but I think it's the best shot we'll have at being efficient while trying to make a major dent in our largest department. 




I've refined my master lists, and gone through and entered 
all of the items I'm planning to have available for this 
first Swarovski sale. It's such a huge department, I have to 
put it into two different sales. I think I'm almost at the point 
of holding this sale within the next two weeks. 



Yesterday was rather run - nice people, and a pickup for a repair I did last month. She was very happy with her two necklaces and one bracelet, although the bracelet might be coming back to me for one more re-do. She like asymmetrical patterning, and I made it rather balanced. So she'll wear it for a week and if she doesn't like the pattern, she'll come in and I'll re-do it at no charge. 




She didn't tell me that she wanted it restrung 
in an asymmetric fashion, so I made it quite 
symmetrical, because that's what most people 
prefer. I told her to wear it for a week, and if  
she wanted it restrung, I'd do it at N/C. 



I had fun with my customers yesterday, though. Everyone seemed to come one on top of the other in the mid-afternoon, and I was also trying to get a mail order together to be shipped today. I didn't get all of the mail order completed, but it will go out today - just maybe tonight on my way home instead of on my way to the shop this morning. Timing - slightly later but still within parameters for a late afternoon order. 




I'm running a little late today, do have to get 
going to the swimming pool. Have an excellent day! 



So, I'm off to the pool. I hope Rosemary will be there today. I haven't heard back from her after last week's phone message, but I'm hopeful that her back is feeling better today. Today is Fence Post setting day (except it might be raining for most of the day, which may postpone the concrete work). Hopefully I'll come home to a VERY open back yard and setting concrete fittings for the upcoming posts in our second appointment. I REALLY want my fence back! Have an excellent Tuesday and I'll be back tomorrow for my "day off". Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל. 



No comments: