Wednesday, May 22, 2024

It's a "Day Off" - So It's a Busy One, Plus Rain and Fences

A quick post today - first, the fence. The fence posts did NOT end up getting set yesterday. The rains came and went and came again, and they postponed until Thursday. That's fine - DH is still here. If they need to cancel again, they could come in the afternoon of next Tuesday and that would be OK too, but I'm hoping tomorrow will work out. 



It is my understanding, that they will be setting the fence 
posts similar to the far right side - the concrete above the 
fenceline to protect the wood of the posts. 



The rain came, and it rained, and rained and rained. I'm quite sure all of my plants are delighted - lots of moist soil to cuddle those roots and encourage growth. For people, it was a drippy, drippy day. I ended up forgetting the power cord of the laptop at the shop last night, so have to drop by and pick that up on my errands today. I only have the one cord for the laptop, and although it runs well on battery, it won't be good for long periods of time. I'll get maybe an hour or so out of it without supplementary power. 



The Lenovo power cord for my laptop is still 
plugged in at my desk at the shop. I need this, 
so I'll have to drop by the shop first thing this 
morning to retrieve it. 



I already have my first load of laundry in the washer, and I have a stack of bills at my computer desk waiting to be paid later today. I can tell it's going to be a very busy day. Grocery shopping, maybe some minor cooking (Friday will be my cooking day this week), and a lot of general tasks will keep me busy through the day. I never seem to be lacking things to do on my "days off". I'm really not sure if anyone with a house and/or family ever REALLY get a "day off" unless they're on vacation. Even then, we're usually the ones who keep track of the sun block, who can put our hands on the swim gear, and who can make the dinner reservations. It does make me wonder if "Man"kind can actually do anything. It seems to me that it's "Woman"kind who does most of the actual day-to-day work. 



Women can do anything! But, I can't make power appear 
out of nowhere for my laptop, so picking that cord up 
is on my agenda today. *sigh*. Good thing it's on 
one of the ways I go to my co-op. 



On that note, I'm heading out to the pool. Rosemary was back yesterday and she's looking much better. Her back had really been bothering her last week, so she took the time to give it some rest. She seems back to her perky self once again, which is great. I've got to nab her address from her - I would have done a wellness check on her last week if I had it then. Wellness checks at our age isn't a bad idea at all. So ... have a wonderful day. Mine will be busy, but I'll relax late in the day chatting with Aearwen. I hope all of your tasks aren't too horrid and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל. 


No comments: