Saturday, May 18, 2024

Fences and Wishes and a Clean Car - Well, It's a Saturday

It was a slow day at the shop yesterday, so I took advantage and did a deep clean (which desperately needed to be done), and then got back to work with my master list of Swarovski crystal beads for our upcoming sale. The master list is almost complete now, and I'm liking the way it is working. It's not quite 100% ready for use, but I wish I had codified all of this in this fashion a long time ago. *sigh* As the old saying goes, "If wishes were fishes, we'd all swim in riches". 




It's odd that this old quotation came up being assigned to 
TJ Klune. I suppose it's only fair since his birthday is on 
Monday, but I had to laugh a bit. There are so many variation 
on this old poem - ascribed to the Scottish, so I'm sure my 
friends from Scotland have their own version as well. 



I've got to put my new license tags onto Minion tomorrow (or maybe today). My current tabs expire at the end of the month, and the new ones are sitting in front of me, here at my desk. It really doesn't take a lot of effort to get them updated and legal, I'm just being lazy. 




Like most states, our state uses annual stickers to renew a 
set of license plates for another year. This doesn't happen 
forever. After a set time, you have to go and get a new set 
of physical plates. It does save on recycling, however, and 
is a lot less expensive to deal with in the long run. 



One thing I am grateful for, however, is buying the annual car wash membership that I picked up earlier this week. Minion was looking beautiful, but yesterday as I was leaving the shop, I noticed bird crap on my window frame, and that she was looking really dusty from all of the pollen in the air. My car wash membership allows me to wash the car daily, if I want. I'm planning to take some serious use from this, just need to get used to the method of guidance that the drive-in works with. It's a FABULOUS wash - she turns out simply beautiful. I might just do that on my way to the shop today. 




I was actually pretty impressed with the quality 
of the car wash I got from Tsunami, and it's so 
close to my home that getting it done is fast and 
easy. I signed up for an annual membership, meaning 
if I wanted to, I could wash Minion every day. 
She's going to be looking good! LOL



We're really looking forward to the next stage of our new fence, which happens next Tuesday. They'll rip down the rest of the fencing, and set and pour new footings. I don't know how long the footings will have to cure before they can install the new panels, but it hopefully won't be too long. We might actually have our privacy back within a month! We can hardly wait! It's not that Laura and Fahkri aren't great neighbors - it's been fun getting to know them. But we love the privacy that our patio affords us, and having the southern section open to the neighborhood is NOT privacy - LOL. 




Of course, this ISN'T our fence, or our property, but I do 
believe that good fences can promote good neighbors. 
I'm quite sure Laura and I will keep in touch after the new 
fence is up. I should phone her today and update her on 
the scheduling for everything. She works from home, so I 
don't want to startle her when a bunch of workpeople are 
working on the property line. 



So, I'm wrapping this up and heading out to the shop. I might get Minion washed on my way over. That would be an excellent start to my day. Have an excellent Saturday and wonderful weekend, and I plan on boring you once again on Monday. LOL Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל. 



No comments: