Friday, April 26, 2024

Second Verse - Trying Again

I was the first person at the door to the YMCA yesterday morning, and was met by our lifeguard - not dressed in her usual red attire, but simple street wear. Not a good sign. Apparently the "flow" wasn't working in the pool, and it wouldn't be open until maintenance could arrive and reset some things from behind the locked door of the pool "innards". *sigh* So here I am, dressed in my swimwear at 3:15 am today (Friday) instead. I need my three swims, so I'll be swimming today, if the pool is open. 





Time for a rare Friday swim. Not a real 
problem, but a shift in my schedule. 



Last week we received a shipment from one of our Czech bead suppliers - lovely transparent green seed beads that several of our customers buy constantly. So, we doubled out order and brought in two kilos of the color. I had three Karin customers in yesterday, and between them, they purchased every last bag of these beads. It's an easy in and an easy out, but I know they'll be back again within 2-3 weeks for more, and I probably won't be able to order more until June. But, we'll deal with that when it happens. Right now, they're quite happy with the store. I'd like to keep it that way - LOL. 




My Karin customers love this color of transparent green 
beads. They use others when they have to, but this is 
their main color. So, we ordered double our usual order 
this time, and received it less than two weeks ago. 
I'm now completely sold out again. 



Because I was so wrapped up in their order of greens, I didn't have a chance to do any of the computer work I had planned for the afternoon. Unfortunately, the other project I'm working on requires me to be at the shop computer while working on a database on my laptop. It's not something I can do remotely. Hopefully I'll get some serious work done on Saturday to make up for my lack on Thursday. 




I'm still working on that Swarovski sale template, and I'm 
pleased with the revisions I've made. I have a LOT of data 
that I need to input, though, and not a lot of "free" time in 
which to work. It's essential that I'm at the shop for this, 
because I'm referencing my inventory database at the same 
time as working the files on my laptop. Computer hell. 



I received a small gift I bought for DH earlier this week and he was using it yesterday. It's EXACTLY what he had wanted, and he's thrilled. He even texted me to tell me how happy he was with his little rake. He had wanted something to get to the backs of the flower gardens and work around the plants. Success for me! I'm equally pleased with the back of the toilet shelving unit I had received in the same shipment. It's so nice when things work the way we expect/hope they will. 




The rake can have a handle as long as five 
feet, and it's got a small head - only 8-1/2" 
wide. He's totally in love with it - one of the 
best gifts I've ever bought for him. 



So, I'm on my way back to the pool for a re-do of yesterday. Hopefully all will have been resolved and I can get my three swims in this week. It's also a "day off" and I need to cook my meals for the next week. I'm not really sure what I feel like, maybe I'll let the store talk to me. Stuffed peppers? Chili? Stew? The possibilities are endless, and I can make this happen - just have to decide. Have an excellent Friday and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל. 



No comments: