Saturday, April 27, 2024

Another Week Gone - Another Week Ahead

So it's Saturday once again. We should have reasonable weather today - good enough for DH to get some garden time in. Yesterday was rain, and tomorrow is supposed to be rain again. The flowers are thrilled, but DH wants to be outdoors in his garden puttering around. Rain doesn't suit his plans at all. 




This is about right - we had a snowflake this winter - but 
hardly our usual of shoveling almost daily and building 
a snow wall at the shop that's more than 3 feet tall. Winter 
forgot the Frozen Northlands this year - I'm just fine with that! 



When I look back on this "Winter That Winter Forgot", I'm amazed. I had to clear snow off my car two times, and only one of those times was it a major clear. I shoveled at the store three or four times, but that's only because I like bare concrete for the walkway, so I'll shovel even with 1/2" of snow. We shoveled the driveway either 2 or 3 times, and DH cleared the roof twice. This WASN'T a Winter at ALL! This was a small blip on the weather radar, a stutter step between Fall and Spring. 




This year's Winter was a blip on the radar. It barely showed 
up at all. I know people who were very disappointed about 
that - no snowmobiling, no outdoor skating, no cross-country 
skiing ... I say "Bah". It was wonderful to have one winter 
without the interminable white scenery, the cold frozen ice 
against your skin, and the endless chores required by 
snow removal. Global warming? Maybe. Bring it on! 



I haven't seen any hummingbirds yet, although I did start putting my feeder out almost two weeks ago. They usually won't come around until there are leaves on the trees, but those are also coming in now. The trees are starting to wear their Spring raiment - so gorgeous. That shade of yellow-green that I totally adore, before the darker green of Summer and the bronzed green of Autumn. Spring is my favorite time of the year - new flowers, new birds, new animals, new hope. 




Stuffed peppers are such an easy thing to make. I use my 
rice substitute, lots of wonderful spices, good quality ground 
beef, and I love using the colorful peppers. They're not a lot 
of work, and they're so very tasty. 



I decided on stuffed peppers for yesterday's cook. I'm stocked for the next week's meals now, and they're absolutely awesome. I added a small bit of my dried crushed Jalapeno peppers from last year's garden. It really spiced it up! I also added the last bit of the dried and crushed tomatoes that I had made from last year's crop. It's a very tasty filling this time, although the peppers definitely carry some heat. On that note, I'm signing off for a weekend. Today I work, tomorrow I clean the kitchen/breakfast nook. It's getting on my nerves - too crowded with old mail - LOL. Enjoy your weekend. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל. 



No comments: