Thursday, April 25, 2024

Time is Rushing By - A Fast Post Today

The pool is calling to me, and I actually slept until 2:58 am, so only two minutes early before my alarm was scheduled. That, unfortunately, leaves me with minimal time for my blog. My friend Jack was back in his own car yesterday. They did a GREAT job with the repair. I asked him about the cost, and he said the deer cost him (or rather, cost his insurance) $6700 dollars for repairs! OUCH! Insurance is expensive, but SO worth it. 




Money seems to fly away when major things like auto 
repairs happen unexpectedly. Jack was quite grateful 
for his insurance. He owed very little on this expensive bill. 



I didn't have anything major on my cooking schedule yesterday, so worked on other things - computer things, mostly. I did head to my co-op first thing in the morning, needing one item, and hoping they might have a second one. They did! It was a diet supplement that I'm adding to my pill regime, and it's going to be costing me $2 per pill. OUCH. Still, if it helps and does what I think it will, the cost will be worth it. I picked up two 30-pill bottles of it, at around $60/bottle. Crazy expensive! But probably worth the expense. 




I've added this into my daily vitamin 
regime. Horribly expensive, but there are 
components within it that I can't get easily 
through diet or my other supplements. So, 
I'll give it a 60-day trial and see how I feel 
at the end of that time. At least I got it at 
the co-op, so I got my 10% off. Score! 



In the late afternoon I remembered that I had some Mandarin oranges and two apples that had to be used up. I also had a fresh pineapple that I had picked up at the grocery store earlier in the day. So I quickly got to work, cutting up the pineapple and the apples, and peeling and separating the oranges, tossing them in a small amount of maple syrup, adding some chopped nuts, and putting them into the oven for 25 minutes to cook. I ended up with nine containers of breakfast fruit and can't wait to eat my first one today. I also fed my hummingbirds at the same time, so the end of the afternoon was a bit hectic before I settled down for my weekly "schmooze" with Aearwen. Then, after we had talked, I made the chicken and put it into the oven, then cleaned up the kitchen. I was barely finished when DH walked through the door - in a bad mood, as usual *sigh*. 




This is what all the fuss is about - Lord Stanley's Cup. 
Every team wants to win it, only one will succeed. 
Such a great time to watch hockey! 



But, I refuse to be in a bad mood. We've got lots of hockey to watch - the playoffs are firmly in place and the games are wonderful. We've got Middle Earth to explore in "Lord of the Rings Online", and I've always got "this and that" on my to-do list to keep me busy. Life can be good sometimes - LOL. Have an excellent Thursday, I'm off to the pool. I'll try to catch up with everyone's posts and comments when I set the laptop up at the shop later this morning. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל. 



No comments: