Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Writing, A Perfect Swimming Day, and A Sore Neck - Life Continues

It's 3:40 am and it's a balmy 73 F (22.7 C) outside. It's going to be a very hot day today, but the pool should feel wonderful. I got my story for this stage of the competition posted yesterday. I hope you have a chance to read it, I'm quite pleased with my take on the prompt, even though it's nothing like the definition of the word. I had fun with the prompt, and I guess that's what's important. LOL I'll let you know when voting opens up and I'll post the link again then, as well as the link for voting. 




I'll let you know when voting for this week's story 
opens up, as well as the link for the poll. I suspect it 
will open today sometime, but it might not be until 
tomorrow. No matter, I submitted my story on time, 
so I'm still in the game. LOL



I don't have anything pressing on my agenda today, which means I might be able to continue getting some work done on Etsy. I actually have the 4mm cubes ready to upload, I don't know why I haven't already done it - just a bit shy, I guess. The 6mm cubes are almost ready, so I might start on those today if I've got the time. Of course, customers take precedence, but I'm working with Chickie today, and she excels (most of the time) in dealing with customers. When she doesn't, I do, so we make a good team. 




We all interact with other people throughout 
our daily lives, and most of the time I'm 
great with it. I'm a people person. But, there 
are times I want to crawl into my cave and 
pull the rocky door shut behind me. I can't do 
that when I'm working retail, so Chickie picks 
up the slack. Usually people who don't like 
dealing with me love her, and vice versa. 



DH slept poorly on his neck Sunday night and was in extreme pain from a crooked neck all day on Monday. Have you ever done that? I can't recall the last time I did, but he seems to have it happen to him semi-regularly. This time, however, was far worse than usual. Poor guy! I gave him a thorough neck massage which helped, but he ate a very small dinner and then sat at his computer playing LOTRO for a couple of hours before going to bed. Hopefully he'll be doing better today. I'm pretty sure today will be an intensive gardening day for him - we don't have rain forecast, and the temperatures are warm to very hot. 




DH was in pain yesterday from a poor night's sleep 
resulting in a very sore neck. I don't really have a lot 
of suggestions for him, but here are some general tips. 



I really don't have a lot more to say today, so I won't waste your time (or mine). I'm going to get this posted, gather my swimming stuff, and head over to the gym. The outdoor pool should be magnificent today and I'm already looking forward to it. Have an excellent Tuesday and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 



No comments: