Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Etsy Progress and a Friend Tests Positive

We were really slow at the shop yesterday, although we did have some customers, so it wasn't a zero day. I'm grateful for that. It was hot, and most people who are not used to summer heat yet, just stayed indoors with their air conditioning instead of venturing out into the summer sunshine. It did allow me to get a lot of computer work done, though, so that was a plus. 




The revised format has nine colors per page for 
the 10 allowable photos. That allows one splash 
page and nine detail pages, one for each of the 
colors. I think that will be a better indication of 
what the person is looking at and purchasing. 



I started uploading the 4mm Swarovski cubes into Etsy. I worked on that for a couple of hours and got 2/3 of the pages entered and uploaded. They're not live yet, I want all of them entered, ready and thoroughly proofread before I click that switch. But I'm happy with where I'm at. I'll try to wrap the 4mm size up today and start the 6mm size tomorrow if all goes well. 




My old Etsy photos used a 4x4 grid and din't have 
any of the detail photos I want to put in. You couldn't 
zoom into a color to take a closer look. I think the new 
version will be an improvement, even though it will 
be more costly. 



I also found the missing photographs for my 8mm revisions. I have the photos stored in two different places, for some odd reason. I'll need to pull the 8mm photos from the one place and put them into the other, or vice versa. I'l decide on that a bit later, but I'll have everything I need to revise and repost the 8mm size when I get to that point. 




It's the little things that can kill profit on Etsy. So 
yes, it will cost me more for the revised listings. 
But I'm hopeful that the better views will also 
increase sales, and having more pages will splash 
me as a serious vendor. 



The way I'm revising it will cost me quite a bit more money. I get charged 20 cents per page, and that is charged again every time I made a sale from that page. I'll be shifting the 8mm size from two pages (40 cents) to 12 pages ($2.40), and the 4mm and 6mm are also that many pages. These will be renewed every four months no matter what. In the scheme of things, it's not a lot of money. But it's those little sums that add up on Etsy. Still, I think it will be worthwhile eventually, and eventually I'll have a LOT of stuff up there. 




My friend Aearwen has tested positive for Covid, along 
with her son. Positive thoughts would be appreciated, and 
several of you know her from her writings in the Tolkien 
fan-fiction realm. They are both vaccinated, so hopefully 
this will be mild, but it will still be uncomfortable
for a few days. 



So, I'm off to the pool. Yesterday's swim was marvelous - we were already in mid-70 degree weather when I left home, and the pool was gloriously cool and happy. I fully expect today will be as fabulous since we're at 75 degrees at 3:45 am. Have a wonderful Wednesday and I'll have a very busy "day off". Spare a kind thought for my friend Aearwen, my usual Wednesday chat person, who texted me yesterday telling me she's come down with Covid and will skip this week's chat. She's an older woman and both she and her adult son (they live together) are both down with Covid. They're vaccinated, so hopefully it will be just like an awful cold, but kind thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: