Monday, June 13, 2022

It Was A Relaxing Sunday - Now On To a Busy Monday

We had a relaxing and very enjoyable day in the backyard yesterday. To top it off, DH grilled steaks on the grill for dinner, while I fried up some onion and fresh mushrooms as a side. All in all, it was a good day. DH said he was planning on exiting STC (my business) in June, 2023, so almost a year after I'm leaving, since I plan on getting out of there by the end of August. I suspect I'll still have to go in sometimes, and I'll do that, but I don't plan on being there my four days a week any more come September. 




I love fried mushrooms with onion alongside my steaks, or 
on top of my burgers. I like fresh Crimari mushrooms and 
a good Vidalia onion, and I use coconut oil instead of 
butter, since I don't eat dairy. It's quite tasty. 



I finished my story for the current prompt and I'll post it today, maybe even in tandem with today's blog post. I'm happy with the direction I went, which is far different from the actual definition of the prompt word: craic. Craig means an enjoyable social activity, i.e, a good time, and comes from the Irish language. I took it as an anagram instead. Hopefully you'll enjoy it. You can find it here: https://erulissedances.dreamwidth.org/871655.html  As always, I appreciate your reading it, and if you're kind enough, your vote when the poll comes open on Wednesday. 




I loved the prompt this week, although I went in a 
totally different direction than the true definition 
of the Irish word. A different drummer - that's what 
I usually hear - LOL. 



I had a tough time sleeping last night - I suspect because it was a bit hot, and the humidity was higher than we've been used to. But we're into the beginning of summer, and that means I'll be using my fan and my mini-air cooler to sleep. Still, the fan didn't really help last night - I was too restless. I finally grabbed my phone and turned on one of the hypnosis meditations I had used when I needed sleep before getting my tattoo last year. That worked really well. I was asleep within 10 minutes and didn't awaken until my alarm went off. 




I love this deck. I've used a lot of different decks over 
the years, but this one sings to me. I love every 
image, and the cards definitely sing to my fingers 
when choosing a card of the day. I have other decks 
now, but this is my go-to - the one I carry with me 
in my computer bag. 



I've been choosing a personal Tarot card for the day for almost three weeks now. I shuffle the deck well (using the "smush" technique) and lay the cards in a fan, the backs facing me. I choose blindly, with my eyes closed. I find it quite bizarre that out of almost 20 pulls, I have 2 from Coins, and the rest are all from Swords or are Major Arcana cards. That's just beyond what mere chance would provide, given there are 78 cards in the deck, comprised of four full suits plus 21 Major Arcana cards. (Actually, there are four additional cards, one more in each suit - a "bonus" card if you will, that is the palace for each of the four courts.) I'm curious what I'll pull today. 


Oh that note, I'm out of here. I have to try to catch up a bit - I didn't get a chance to sit at the computer at all yesterday, and I have photos to look at and posts to read. Have a wonderful Monday and I'll be back tomorrow. 



No comments: