Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Today Is A Do-Over - At Least for Swimming

Yesterday's swim turned into a non-swim. There was lightning, and the chlorine levels of the indoor pool were "out of whack" according to our life guard, so we were offered the option of swimming the 10-15 minutes before she would have to whistle and clear out the pool, driving over to White Bear Lake and using their pool, or just skipping the day. Rosemary and I looked at each other and decided to go home. Walter and Mary opted to head to White Bear Lake, and our small group of four plus other people dispersed. I skipped my exercise yesterday - a day off wasn't a life changing episode and variety is good. 





It's a day off and my meditation this morning 
was excellent. A great way to start off my day. 
Now to start the laundry and then have a 
glorious swim under the dawn's light. 


But today I'm dressed in my skin suit once again and the weather should be perfect. It's 60 degrees right now, so it may be a bit on the cooler side going to and from the pool, but the water itself should be glorious and the day will be sunny. A great day for my "day off", and I have my usual million things to do - LOL. 




All I asked DH to do was pick up a couple of 
USB-C charging cables at Target. That 
should have been easy. Apparently they 
had products marked "Apple" in the section 
for "Android", and he couldn't decide if they 
would work or not. I'll take a look today at 
a different Target and see if I can be more 
successful. 



Today is DH's "learn how to use my phone" day with Chickie. I hope they both survive the experience. I had asked him to pick up some charging cables, but the display was all messed up and he ended up frustrated. I'll get a couple today instead. We did indulge in a semi-annual trip to the liquor store last night, as soon as I dropped my laptop off at home. I was getting down on my rum, and wanted to try some gluten-free beer, and he needed more hard lemonade and other lighter beverages for his summer days on the patio. Of course, it's July 4th weekend, and even Total Wine was sold out of a lot of things. But we found beverages that will do. Hopefully by the time we need more refills, the stock will be back up. 




There are a lot of nice styles of "Colorado 
Avalanche Stanley Cup Champions" t-shirts 
out there. This was one of the nicer ones, but 
there are a lot of choices. BLATANT HINT, 
SHARON - LOL. 




Hey, Sharon! I know you read my blog. Want to get me a great Holiday gift? Buy me a Colorado Avalanche Stanley Cup Winners t-shirt. I wear my Denver Broncos Superbowl Winners t-shirt a lot (I'm wearing it today, which is what brought this to mind). I'm wearing a medium or small size now, if that's a help - LOL. 


So I'm going to get pictures plugged in here and post, then get my first load of laundry going. It's a Wednesday, my "day off", and I have a million things to do. No time to waste, so I need to be focused. Have a wonderful day and enjoy it. I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: