Thursday, June 30, 2022

The Garden, A Zoom Call and a Mystery

I have no idea how the Samsung training went between Chickie and DH yesterday. He didn't say a thing about it when he got home, just looked at the garden, deciding it should wait for water until this morning. Was that the right decision? Hard to say. We've had some real problems with the garden this year and he's very unhappy with it. But, on the bright side, my raspberries are at the beginning of ripening, and one of my tomato plants has already given me my first ripe cherry tomato. Generally, he may not be happy with the ornamental part of the garden, but I'm quite happy with my edible parts so far. 




My determinate cherry tomato plant is starting 
to have the first ripening fruit of the four 
tomato plants I have this year. I can hardly wait 
to have fresh tomatoes for my nightly salads. 



I had an 11:00 am zoom call yesterday, and built my day around it (aside from the usual Wednesday grocery shopping and three loads of laundry). At 4:00 am I had my usual phone call with my good friend in California - Aearwen - who has come through her Covid scare pretty well. She's still getting really tired easily, but she sounds SO much better. What a relief. 




Yesterday's Zoom call was a live check-in call with 
the founder of WildFit, Eric Edmeades. He's a bit 
older than this photo now - the beard is totally grey, 
but he's still a power and force, believing in all of 
us with all his heart. He lives in the Dominican 
Republic, and his power was going on and off, so 
it was an "interesting" video call. But I'm glad I 
was able to "attend". 



I was doing a quick check on my DW and LJ boards last night and got a notification that a long-time friend just unfriended me. Out of the blue. I'm quite shocked and disappointed. I'm going to write her and try and discover why. I'm mystified. Completely in the dark on this one. I'm quite upset at this one. I've been unfriended in the past, and I've done it to a few people in my past as well, but it's always been a last resort and there usually has been some sort of kerfluffle that led to it. I can't think of a single thing I did that could have caused this one. But life goes on. Friends lost and friends gained. 




Usually when I've been unfriended in the past, it's because 
of a kerfluffle in a shared platform. I don't think I've been 
saying anything super controversial lately, unless this 
friend decided they were tired of my mundane viewpoints. 
I have no idea, so I'll write her and maybe get an answer. 



I'm swimming today, and if my weather app is correct, I'll be swimming during the one hour of today when we'll have rain. We only get chased out of the pool if there is lightning, and this should just be rain, so I'll be surrounded by water. It's always unusual but rather fun to swim in the rain. 


On that note, I'm out of here. I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll be back tomorrow. As always, Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: