Friday, July 1, 2022

Phone Apps and Minions - A Possibly Excellent Day Off

Apparently Wednesday's Samsung lessons for DH from Chickie consisted of extending the amount of time the screen would remain on before fading out, and uninstalling unwanted/unneeded apps. Today, DH said he wants to learn how to take a photograph with the phone, since what he's been trying hasn't been working. 



I know I have something similar to this that 
came with my ring light, but I'm not finding it. 
I could order something like this from Amazon 
for very little $, but I also can control my 
Google via voice control, so I might try that 
first before buying something else to lose 
and clutter up my life. I want to get going 
on photographs and I can't do that without 
a remote control shutter for my phone and 
ring light. 



In essence, I'll be doing something similar myself, since I want to try and activate my Google voice command for remote photography. Apparently I can use voice commands to activate the shutter and take the photograph, and that, plus my new ring light, might get me going on the multitude of photos I need to take for the round Swarovski crystals. At some point I need to get back to my cubes too. I missed one cube in the A/B section of the 4mm size, and need to retake three pages. I only need the splash shot (the full 3x3 cube view) for those three pages, and the detail shot for the single color. 



Happy Canada Day to any of my Canadian 
friends and readers. Enjoy your celebration 
with friends, family and good food. 



It's already July, and I "retire" in 60 days according to my countdown calendar. It's a bit frightening. I know I'll still end up working, maybe one day a week, or just for fill-in, but I have multi-day tasks that need to happen in the house and I just can't squeeze them in on my two non-contiguous days that I currently have off now. So, I'm looking forward to retirement, but I also know it's going to be a lot of work for all of us. However, if I don't stick to my guns, DH will probably putter around pushing retirement off for another decade and that, I won't tolerate. 



The lightning yesterday morning while waiting for the gym 
to open was spectacular. So beautiful. Of course it meant 
that we needed to swim indoors, but since that's where we 
swim most of the year anyway, it wasn't a huge hardship. 



Yesterday's swim ended up being an indoor swim. It wasn't raining, but there was a LOT of lightning - beautifully lighting up the sky in a fireworks display like no other. The storm had blown over and people were in the outdoor pool by the time I finished my swim. I could have joined them, but I don't like interrupting my workout. I start swimming, and I want to continue non-stop for my mile+ before stopping. Hopefully the weather next week will be kinder for the 5:00 am group. 




I'm looking forward to seeing "Rise of Gru" today. I'll see 
it again with Chickie later in the month. I haven't been to 
a movie theatre since before Covid, and I'm a little nervous 
about it, but it's the early show and I don't think there 
will be a lot of people. I'll wear a mask (probably) and 
be careful about sanitizing. 



So, have an excellent day. I'll be doing a lot this morning, and I'm at the theatre at 11:00 am to see "The Rise of Gru". I can hardly wait! MINIONS!!! Love them so much! Have an excellent Friday, July 1st, and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 



No comments: