Tuesday, June 28, 2022

I Am Woman Hear Me Roar and Charging Ahead - Cables and Phones

DH spent yesterday at the shop getting more and more used to his new phone. He'd come up and ask me a question, and I'd basically say "I have no idea how that works on your phone. Ask Chickie." I sent her several texts detailing the questions he was asking me so that when they are working together tomorrow, she can run down the list of questions and supply answers. I've never had a Samsung phone - never particularly wanted one although it's a popular brand. I'm delighted with my Pixel phones and don't really want to switch over to a different brand. Every phone operates differently and what works for me might not work for him. 




Generally I love diversity, but when it comes to teaching 
DH how to use a different brand of phone? No. I'll leave 
that up to the Chickie since she's used Samsung phones 
for more than a decade. 



I did get him added to the network at the shop, so he's on the Bluetooth. But that was about all I could do, and I was busy. Very busy yesterday. That was a VERY good thing because I couldn't obsess about LJ Idol votes. I have no idea the number of votes I'm getting, hopefully I'll still keep my head above water in this very talented group. Since we had to email our votes in to our moderator, I don't think any of us know where we are in the standings this time until the votes are revealed over the weekend. I'm on needles and pins, but that's not unusual - LOL. 




We're using the same USB-C cables now, and if we both 
need to charge at the same time, that's a problem. We need 
another 2-4 USB-C cables ASAP to allow us the ability 
to recharge without being in each other's way. 



I need a few more charging cables for home and the shop. DH won't be using his old cable anymore, so we need more USB-C cables in case both of us want/need to charge at the same time. Fortunately those are generally available. Since DH is going to Target today, I'll add two cables (or more) to his shopping list. I actually think four cables would be the best quantity. I have some added to my Amazon cart, but would rather have them a bit faster than Amazon could get them to me. 




Even after decades of political representation, we still 
have a problem with women in politics. We're not 
taken as seriously, and we're perceived as not performing 
our job as effectively/efficiently as men. Piffle! Want 
an efficient person? Ask a women who grows up 
multitasking much more than any man I've ever known. 



It's the Fourth of July this weekend - Independence Day for the USA. I wonder what our Founding Fathers would think about our nation these days. One Nation, DIVISIBLE, With Liberty and Justice FOR SOME. Pretty obviously, those in power are trying to push women out of the political picture once again, trying to relegate us back to the kitchen and nursery. Of course, there are plenty of women who embrace that stereotype happily, even though it's horribly out of date. I do NOT embrace it. I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar! 




When the Women's Rights Movement was just gaining 
ground, Helen Reddy came out with this song - "I Am Woman". 
It was the anthem of my generation, and should become our 
anthem again, because we've got some serious problems in 
this country and the men just aren't getting the job done. 



On that Helen Reddy note, I'm out of here. It's a swimming day today and I'm already looking forward to it. Since I awakened with a serious leg cramp, I think I need the water to work the residual mess out of my muscles. Have an excellent Tuesday and I'll return tomorrow. 




No comments: