Thursday, May 19, 2022

Photography Progress and Friendship

 Yesterday was a busy day; but with minimal outside errands to do, I got a lot done with photography. I worked on photos of crystals for most of the day, taking a break for my 2:00 pm Zoom call and shutting down to chat with my friend Aearwen at 4:00 pm. I left most of my lighting, etc up for Friday, moving the lights out of the way and collapsing the diffusion chamber. I'll continue with this on Friday, hopefully wrapping up the cubes. 




Yesterday, DH asked why I didn't use the photos 
from the 8mm cubes for the other sizes. NO! Duh! 
Each cube is rather unique, and I have more colors 
in 6mm than 8mm, and even more colors in 4mm 
than either of the two larger sizes. People need to 
see how the cubes actually look. Like I said, Duh! LOL. 



Of course, the actual photography is only the first step. Today I'll be forwarding the photos from my phone to my email, then bringing the photos from my email into Photoshop, massaging them slightly, resizing them to the size I need for posting them, and finally, setting them up in the appropriate file. After I get all of them ready to go, I'll start uploading them into Etsy. So, I still have a week, maybe more, before I'll have everything uploaded and the bulk of the work starts today. 




I'm very fond of Google as my browser. My laptop keeps 
encouraging me to switch to Edge, but I like the 
familiar feel of Google, so I stick with it. I also have 
a Google Pixel 6 phone, so I guess I'm just in the 
Google camp. Whatever works best for you, great. but 
I'll stick with Google. 



DH was having problems accessing something he needed, so asked me to look into it for him. I phoned Tech Services for the website he needed and we went through a couple of things yesterday. Fortunately this turned into a relatively easy fix. Clearing out the history and data cache of his Google browser did the trick and everything was back up and operational once again. Not difficult, but not necessarily something I would have thought of. I should probably think about doing something similar to my own Google browser history/cache. It's a program that I use constantly, and wiping some cyber-footsteps out of my personal forest might not be a bad idea. 




Aearwen and I have been chatting weekly for years 
now. We don't manage every single week, but in an 
average year, I'd say we're catching up for at least 
45+ of the 52 weeks. Life can sometimes get in the 
way, but we both always look forward to our chats. 
One of these days/years we'll get a chance to actually 
meet in person. That'll be a treat! 



Aearwen and I had a lovely chat yesterday. Our hour simply flew by, as it usually does. It's odd that I can be such good friends with someone for years - someone I've never met in person. But somehow, Aearwen and I clicked. We started chatting over storylines and writing, and then continued on into life in general. We don't agree on everything - life would be horribly boring if we did - but we respect each other's viewpoints and agree more often than we disagree. I consider her a close and dear friend, a sister from a different mother (even though she would NEVER want to move back to Minnesota, and I would NEVER want to live in California - LOL). I hope you're all lucky enough to have one or two excellent friends in your own lives. They enrich your life in ways that you could never imagine. 




Friends are the best things to happen to us as we live 
our lives. They shift and change over the years, but the 
best ones are the ones who stick around for the long 
term. Aearwen is one of those friends for me - a very 
special companion and someone who is almost a 
sister, although we've never met in person. 



So, on that note, I'm off to the pool. It's my final day of swimming this week and I can hardly wait to get into the water. Yesterday I swam almost 1-1/2 miles in my 50 minutes. I don't set any goal other than my mile, so it's always nice to surpass it. Have a tremendous and joy-filled day today. Accomplish things that you want to do, and push yourself to do one more thing, and more of all, be kind. The world desperately needs kindness right now. I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: