Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Another Day in the Pool and A Day of Photography Ahead

We think that the alarm that has been going off might be the one attached to the back room and back door. DH is going to check those areas more carefully today. It's where we're had our break-in's in the past (and we've had three times we actually were broken into). It makes sense. So he'll check the door more carefully and make sure the sensor for that area is totally cleaned and primed. At least I was able to get a full night's sleep last night, so that's a good start to my Wednesday. 




I had a bit of time last night, so took advantage to get 
my photo set-up ready for today. I have large spotlights 
on each side of the light diffusing tent, and an Ott light 
that I pull into the tent to get additional light on the 
crystals. It's a set up that's working well, but I have to 
put it up for each use and then put it away again. 



I'm all set up for a day of photography, with my light box, my two spots and my Ott light all ready. I have more than 50 photos that I need to take today to finish with the 6mm cubes, and I'd like to get those completed. In the middle of everything, I have a check-in call for WildFit at 2:00 pm, and I want everything completed and put away before I have my weekly convo with Aearwen. It'll be a busy day, but all-in-all, a good one. 




I've been making and drinking my daily Alkagizer 
(Ogre Juice) for more than a year now, but mine 
certainly don't turn out this green. They are indisputably 
green, but it's not this intense. 



I already have my Ogre Juice made for the next few days, so I won't have to spend that 60-90 minutes in the kitchen with my blender. That's a real plus. It does mean I'll be making another batch on Friday, but my Fridays are a bit more open, so I'm all in favor of that small schedule shift. But if I can get the 6mm photos completed today, I can work on getting them sized and ready for uploading into Etsy tomorrow and maybe, by the end of the weekend, I can move ahead to the 4mm size next week. 




The outdoor pool opens on May 28th. The indoor pool 
will be closed and the outdoor pool will be the only 
available pool at this location. I love this pool, but I 
can't have sun on my tattoo, so I'm working out a way 
I can cover up. I also ordered a second skin suit. I'm 
really liking the one I have, and need to make sure 
I'll have a dry one for each of my three days swimming. 



The outdoor pool opens in 10 days, so in two weeks, I'll be swimming outside instead of inside (unless the weather is too dangerous to swim outside). To facilitate that, I'll have to make sure I have some sort of head covering for my tattoo. I ordered a hood from Swim Outlet, although I'm not sure how well it will work or if I'll tolerate it. I also have a few swimcaps that I can alter. The key is my sound. I need my books. So I need to make sure I can wear my bone induction headphones while I swim. If I've got my books on audio, I can swim easily. Without them, it's a hard slog. 




I love my Shokz waterproof bone induction headphones. 
They work splendidly in the pool and on land, they're 
comfortable, and I can easily do what I need to. I also 
use a set of Oladance bone induction ear pods when 
working in the kitchen, but that's if I want to listen 
to music. I like to listen to books in the pool, so I 
pre-load an audio book onto my headphones and I'm 
good to go for days in the pool. 



So I'm out of here. I'll plug in photos and hit the road. The pool is calling my name - LOL. Have a wonderful and fabulous Wednesday and I'll be back tomorrow - maybe with a concrete idea of what to write for this week's writing challenge. *sigh* LOL. Skava Ukraini. 





No comments: