Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Survival, Alarms and Lack of Sleep - The Story of My Life *sigh*

On LJIdol, I managed to scrape by enough votes to end up in the bottom third, but I'm still in the pack. Thank you to all who voted for my haiku. The next topic and deadline was announced early this morning. Perhaps I'll have better luck next voting session. This time I lost two friends - murielle and adoptedwriter. I'm quite sad to see them leave the competition. 




I enjoy playing with different types of literary 
styles. I also enjoy playing with different 
literary types. 



This week's LJIdol prompt will take a bit of thought, but could lead to some interesting tales. "You are an opossum living in the trashcan of my heart". A bit crazy, isn't it? Apparently it's a song lyric. You can get away with statements like that in song, but I wonder how well it will work in prose and tale. Time to start thinking about this one. 




On this list, I laugh at the fact that News 
Article follows Fairy Tale, Legend, Myth, 
Tall Tale, and Fable. Hmmm. Perhaps the 
listing should be altered to put News 
Artlcle after Informational Text? 




I had gotten less than two hours of sleep last night before my alarm company called about another internal alarm at the shop. ARGH! I pulled on a set of street pants, grabbed my keys and headed out. Of course nothing was wrong or disturbed in any way - which was good. But it was a 45 minute chunk out of my sleep before I was back in dreamland, and my "get up" alarm only waits until 3:15 am before chiming at me to get going on my day. It's going to be a hard swim today. I hope I can fall into the words of my novel and lose my "blah" at swimming tired. If this continues, I'll have to call the alarm company send out a tech to check out the sensors. I might have one going bad. That's an expense I really would rather avoid, but I may have no choice. 




I gave up about 2-1/2 hours of sleep on Saturday night 
so that we could get to the garden store at 7:00 am. Now 
I ended up with an interruption in my next night's usual 
six hours. I'm going to be dragging by next Sunday! 



So, to expedite things and so that I can start thinking about opossums and trashcans (who the hell thinks about those two things as 'romantic'?), I'm plugging in photos and heading out to the gym. I hope you have a wonderfully fantastic day, and I'll be back tomorrow - hopefully after an uninterrupted night's sleep. 




No comments: