Friday, May 20, 2022

It's Going To Be a Very Busy Friday - A Day of Achievements (If I Get Everything Completed)

Yesterday, I didn't get as much done on production work for my crystal photos as I wanted. I got more than half of the photos transferred to my email, but after that they refused to transfer to my email at all. I sent a few test emails and those weren't received either. Later I tried one of my secondary emails, and that worked for a bit, but I'll have to see if I can't find a system that works a bit smoother. Basically, I take the photo - using my phone since I have a great camera in my Pixel phone. Then I attach each photo to an email that identifies exactly what it is and the P/N assigned to that bead. I then open that email, crop the photo and save it in my Etsy file. Later I pull those back out in Photoshop, resize them properly and do any massaging I need to do to the actual photo, save, and I'm ready to go. 




This photo is still raw. I'll take it, brighten it, size it 
appropriately, and save it. So many hoops to jump through 
to get things from my phone to my laptop to the website. 
These are 6mm crystal cubes, I'm working on the 6mm 
and the 4mm cubes this week. 



It's really a ridiculous amount of work for one small photo, and I'm dealing with hundreds of individual pictures, so you can see what a time sink it is. Still, I also realize that the only thing selling the product is the photo and description. I'm not there to help the customer decide which "peach" color is the perfect one, or to point out alternatives to them if I'm sold out of a product. The pictures have to do a lot, so I'm picky about them. 





I've now finished "The Shire" and am moving on from 
Bree with Aragorn. I've ordered my medal and it's 
on its' way. I can hardly wait to get this one - the 
medal for The Shire is outstanding, with the Ring 
in an envelope on the back of it. I'll share when I 
receive it next week sometime. 


In my Challenger quests, I finished walking from Hobbiton to Bree yesterday, so finished "The Shire" portion of the 5-quest LOTR pack. This morning I completed the registration for "The Fellowship" - the next stage which will bring us all together as we wander to Rivendell and onward to the doors of Moria. Moria then starts the third segment. I only do 8-12 miles in an average week, so the challenges do take a while, but it's a lovely sense of accomplishment when I finish one, and the medals are totally fabulous. I just finished the almost 200 miles of the "Great Wall of China" quest and received that medal yesterday. It's stunning, as all of them are. This newest medal has no fancy movement or hidden compartments like some of the others, but features two glorious dragons - one on each side. A worthy addition to my ever-increasing collection. I should be receiving my "The Shire" medal next week sometime. 




As a reminder, this is the gown I've been getting 
cleaned. I'll pick it up today. The head of Timeless 
Restorations was over the moon with this dress. 
She called me personally and we had a nice 
conversation about it and my Mom. I can 
hardly wait to see it back in prime condition. 



So today will be a busy "day off". One of the things I'm doing today is picking up the first of my mother's gowns from the cleaners. I can hardly wait to see it pressed and looking fabulous. I might have to set aside a little time this afternoon and actually try it on. I think I can fit into her gowns now, I've lost enough weight. It's well worth the try at any rate. I also need groceries for our weekend meals, I want to make my next batch of Ogre Juice, and of course I want to finish taking the photos of the 4mm crystal cubes so that I can start on a different shape next week. No rest today - LOL, but if I get any "down time", I'll see about spending a bit of time in the garden. 


Have an excellent Friday and I'll be back tomorrow. Be safe, be kind, and Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: