Thursday, May 5, 2022

It's Cinco de Mayo - Celebrate Your Own Personal Achievements Today

Happy Cinco de Mayo and pass me that Margarita - LOL. Well, it's WAY too early to be drinking a Margarita, but I'll stash the thought and maybe have one on Sunday. A later celebration. Of course, "Cinco" is one of those holidays that actually didn't mean much when it happened, but it became a symbol and celebration in later years. Actual Mexican Independence Day is September 16th, but people around the world celebrate "Cinco". I'm raising a virtual glass for the victory of the Battle of Puebla. 




The problem with 'Cinco' is that it plays into the sterotypes of 
the "Mexican Peasant" or "drunken Mexican" all too often. 
It's a celebration worth celebrating and a nation well worth 
it as well, but having the celebration be a drunken haze 
isn't necessary at all. 



Today's Tarot lesson quickly went through the suit of Wands - a suit of creativity and achievement, a positive suit leading to accomplishment. Although I had an easy time with yesterday's suit of Swords, I had a much more difficult time with Wands. I'll have to listen to the lesson once more and see if I can push them a bit more into my intuitive base instead of my conscious base. 




Today we reviewed the suit of Wands. Wands are creativity, 
a bright spark, positive aspects in many cases, as well 
as positive outcomes. It's a hopeful suit, but will require 
some work to get into my head and hands. 



Today is the last swimming day for the week. It's been a really good week so far, so I'm hoping to end it on a high note. Of course there are no guarantees. In my writing, our newest prompt was announced yesterday morning and although I started a tale, I'm probably going to trash it and try again. It's due on Tuesday, so it's not a major rush, but I'm finding this one a bit more challenging. What is it? We're supposed to write a story based on the prompt "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." It's a quote that's attributed to Teddy Roosevelt, although he merely quoted the words of a different author. 




Although the quote is ascribed to Teddy Roosevelt, it 
didn't originate with him. He said it though, and it took 
off from there. Every photo I looked at for this quote 
named him as the author. He had a large personality, 
so I guess it's OK for him to say this - it's a good one 
for all of us to live by. 



I did spend quite a lot of time re-taking photographs of my Swarovski crystals yesterday. It's quite a bit more intensive now - a total of ten photos for each page on Etsy. I got three pages done yesterday, and have a LOT more to go. I also changed my photo setup and I think I'm getting better photos. I'll see. I'd be delighted to show you one, but they're not loaded onto my computer yet, I'll be moving them from my phone to my computer while at work today. 


So, I'm out of here. Have an excellent Thursday and I'll be back tomorrow. In the meanwhile, please be kind, celebrate the small victories, help those who need help, and Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: