Friday, May 6, 2022

A Day of Re-do's - A Bit Frustrating But Holding Out Promise

Happy Friday to all. Of course Lent is long over, but there was a lovely sale on salmon when I went to the store on Wednesday, so I picked up a nice piece, a bit over a pound, of beautiful fish. I'm making that for tonight's dinner, in foil as I usually do (my favorite salmon recipe). I'll drop by the store today to pick up a couple of lemons, but I have everything else, including fresh rosemary, already in my refrigerator. 




I love my baked salmon in foil recipe. I've made 
it several times now and it's always turned out 
wonderful and very tasty. It's nice to have a 
dinner to look forward to as well as one that's 
pretty easy to put together. 



My Tarot lessons have been reviewing each of the four suits in detail. We started with the suit of Swords on Wednesday, then Wands yesterday, and today was Cups. Of the three, I felt confident with the Swords and the Cups, but the Wands are dancing just out of my reach. I even listened to the lesson a second time, handling the cards again, but I'm still not confident in my feel for Wands. I know all of this comes with practice, but it's nice when I can think of a situation and know what card best exemplifies is, or look at a card and know the situation it's describing. It'll come, but it's nice when it becomes a bit more intuitive. 




The Five of Cups is a card of promise and blindness. The 
central character stares at the three spilled or broken 
cups, their promise shattered, but ignores or remains 
unaware of the two cups behind him that are still filled 
with possibilities. It's so easy for any/all of us to fall into 
this trap - focusing on the loss without perceiving the 
gain or the still-present possibilities. 



My story for this week seems to be in the same rut. I wrote several hundred words on Monday, but I'm trashing it and starting again. The words didn't dance - the music was playing, but the cymbals were crashing into it jarringly. Very frustrating. I'll have to try again today. 




So many times a story just comes to me to 
meet a prompt. This weeks prompt isn't 
moving me at all. So I'm scrapping 
what I already wrote and starting again. 
Tuesday is the deadline, so I have to get 
moving on this. Inspiration is fleeting today. 



Also, I spent several hours photographing crystals on Wednesday and looking at the photos on my laptop yesterday, they're total crap. I've already deleted them and I'll revise my methodology and my lighting once again. They're Swarovski crystals. They should be shining and gleaming. They weren't doing that at all, so I need to work on that to see what lighting will best make that happen. I need to show the transparency of the color, but also the flash of the shaping and any surface coatings. Back to the drawing board once again. 




I'm going back to the drawing board and 
re-photographing the crystals I worked on 
Wednesday. If they turn out better, I'll have 
the method for photography nailed. If not, 
I'm sunk and returning to square one again. 



So today is a day of new beginnings. At least my dinner recipe is tried and true - LOL. I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with a day of accomplishment to look back on. Be safe, be kind, and Slava Ukraini. Peace! 




No comments: