Saturday, October 16, 2021

Window Repair Progress and a Lord of the Rings Online Update

It's been a week since the window at the shop was cracked. DH's temporary repair seems to be holding up, but the weather is getting colder and since it will be a minimum of 3-4 weeks before the new glass pane is available for installation, I think I'll go ahead with a "temporary repair" in the meantime. 




This is how our broken window looks right now. Duct tape 
isn't going to do much against colder temperatures, but the 
guy who took the estimate and measurements of our window 
suggested a temporary fix that would paste a second piece 
of glass over the hole, closing a stone in front of the 
cave entrance, in essence. I think we'll go ahead and get 
that scheduled. It sounds like a wise idea to me. 



Our insurance company is coming through for us in spades. If we add the temporary fix to the actual new pane replacement costs, we're looking at almost $2600, but the insurance company will cover all of it except our deductible of $500, so that's not too bad at all. I'll toss the final numbers at DH tomorrow and he can make up his mind how he wants payment to be handled. Insurance is offering us a few different scenarios and I'll leave it up to him. 




Waist beads are an African tradition and are often worn 
by women of color in the US. I have several customers 
who make these for sale or gifts, and I admit there is something 
lovely about beads around the waistline area. A person 
can wear one strand or many, their choice. I think it 
emphasizes femininity and beauty. If you're interested 
in finding out more about waist beads, here's a 
link for you.  
https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/waist-beads-modern-uses



We had a very busy morning yesterday, starting out with a customer who makes Waist Beads getting a large variety of products, while two other customers came in at the same time. It was a backup at the cash register, but eventually everyone got their stuff and was happy. I did make one error, undercharging a customer on some feathers, but I'll put the $10.68 in out of my pocket today to balance the books. It was my error, my bad, so I'll make it right. In the meantime, the gentleman got a deal on a lot of feathers and he was very happy, and so was I. It was a bit of a relief to get some feathers sold - I have a bunch of them. 




As a reader of my blog, you certainly realize I'm a long-time 
player of Lord of the Rings Online computer MMPOG. DH 
and I were part of the original Beta almost two decades 
ago, and once it went live, we moved over to it and haven't 
been away since. There's a new campaign being introduced 
in a few weeks and this complete revamp of the 
weapons system goes hand-in-hand with that. It's 
going to take some work to get into the new scheme, but 
it was certainly needed. 



Yesterday was the first full day after a major upgrade in Lord of the Rings Online, and it was a serious upgrade. Legendary weapons have been completely shifted to a brand new system. I didn't get time to update some of my characters' weapons before the shift, so I'll end up missing out on some abilities that could have been important for the new system. But there's nothing to be done about that. I'm disappointed, but I'm disappointed in me, not in the system. Now I get the "joy" of learning how to operate in a new framework. I hope I understand it relatively quickly. 




The legendary weapons overhaul was the first step into 
a new area and quest arc - Gundabad. LOTRO has been 
exploring more of the Dwarven race and their own 
quest and lives throughout Middle Earth, with Gundabad 
being the latest of these areas. Want to know more? 
Here's a link for you. 
https://www.mmorpg.com/news/the-lord-of-the-rings-onlines-next-expansion-is-called-fate-of-gundabad-coming-fall-2021-2000123008



So I'm off to catch up with all of the posts of friends, maybe grab a sweatshirt because I'm cold, and finish my morning breakfast (a lovely apple for today). Have a wonderful weekend, be kind to others, and please relax. Enjoy life. It's actually a wonderful experience, even if it is a bit trying every now and then. I'll be back on Monday morning before running off to my swim. 




No comments: