Monday, October 18, 2021

It Was a Good Weekend and Thoughts About the Third Eye

We had a lovely, relaxed Sunday watching football and doing a bit of gardening late in the afternoon when the sunshine was making the yard golden and the trees ablaze in a glory of golden and red. DH had asked me to please wear a wig for most of the day, so I chose my long wig and wore it until I went to Chipotle after 5:00 pm to pick up dinner (which of course took more that 45 minutes, even though there were less than eight people in line ahead of me. Fast food? NOT). 




Chipotle's Smoked Brisket in a burrito bowl (or a salad, 
as I usually have it) is a winner for both DH and I. We 
love it. It's a bit more money, but it's very tasty. I highly 
recommend it. Waiting in line to actually get it, however, 
in today's job shortage world? Not so much! 




I wanted to share something with all of you that I forgot to share last week. When I saw the allergist, he noticed my tattoo, but make a rather unusual observation - one I had not heard  before but loved. He stated that he loved the exact positioning of the Eye of Ra inside the rising sun atop my head. He said the Eye of Ra is often correlated with the pineal gland, the gland that is responsible for discerning light and dark and the gland that is sometimes referred to as the Third Eye. 




The Eye of Horus and the shape of the pineal gland in 
the base of the skull have remarkable similarities. 
If the Eye of Horus is based upon the pineal gland, then 
it pushes knowledge of the brain back into far 
prehistory. Of course, the Third Eye has been acknowledged 
in "mystical" and in Eastern societies, religions and 
basic beliefs for centuries. Maybe it's worth a thought? 



In the Chakras, the Third Eye is a center of wisdom and higher consciousness and is associated with the color of purple. Often people will work with amethyst crystals to help awaken the third eye. After all, we could all use a bit of wisdom, consciousness and higher awareness, as well as intuition and inner vision. 




It's really easy to confuse the 6th Chakra and 
the 7th Chakra when working with color. The 
Sixth, the Third Eye, is Amethyst. The 
Seventh, the Crown, is Violet. They are close 
in hue, but they work in very different ways. 



He said that if you split the brain exactly in half, the pineal gland would be at the base of the brain and the appearance is often likened to the image of the Eye of Horus. I found that fascinating, so had to look it up (of course). Looking at various photographs and depictions, I can understand where the correlation can be made. There is indeed a remarkable similarity to the Eye of Horus and the pineal gland. 




Third Eye illustrations are everywhere. Start by looking 
at the back of the $1 bill. Yes ... that pyramid has the 
all-seeing eye - the third eye. Are you interested in 
trying to activate your third eye? Sadhguru has advice 
on two ways to open the third eye in a you-tube 
video here. It's less than 10 minutes, so might be worth 
your while watching. I'll put a separate link in just 
to make sure it comes through. 
https://youtu.be/b1AiG1a8ft0



I thought that was interesting and wanted to share with all of you. Since I forgot to share last week, my crazy Monday ended up being the "chosen" day - LOL. Have an excellent day, I'm off to the pool to see if I can improve my distance at all. I might also try a set of nose plugs for my turns, since  getting water up my nose is one of my major negatives about twist turns. Anyway, enough rambling. I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: